Military Modelling

Your production's rivalling Willow Run in this group build. Nice job.
He's Ford run, that would make me …….. an offshoot of the Brewster Aeronautical Corporation :)

So if I've got my head around this, two model companies have produced a 'scale' model of a completely fictitious SF flying saucer, which has no connection to any well known film or TV series just for the hell of of it. Presumably steampunk flying battleships will be next.
Luft46 syndrome, not quite as bad as Wehrmacht 46 "fans" and their endless paper panzers, but not far off :)

Solved the rudder pedal conundrum last night after finishing the bottle from the night before. Simple cut here, the wrong cut there and an hour of reassembly, job done and nothing that bit of paint won't cover up. Replaced the brass tiddlywinks with some sprue and then wondered why I bothered. Its part of the structure in the tail wheel bay. Nobody is ever going to see it even if I display the thing on a mirror.

View attachment 339030
But you know its there :)

Point to note, some etched brass work is pointless, most items that should be round for a kick off

@Simmerit Found these in the bottom of the draw, they also do a limited range of 1.32 scale belts in brass
IMG_20180620_225757.jpg

Got the hole drilled......only took an hour :)

IMG_www.jpg

Ta. You can have hours of endless amusement when completely pissed
Here is another model-related disaster whilst completely pissed. I drew the decal sheet for the Revell Red Arrows Hawk, which involved a trip to RAF Scampton to measure up a real one, courtesy of the Reds. Upon completion, I then got my fee and a complimentary kit sample. The "pissed" element came to the fore when I decided to tidy up my flat and managed to get rid of the box, instructions and decals all in one go.

But you know its there :)

Point to note, some etched brass work is pointless, most items that should be round for a kick off
I usually end up with half the PE left over. Some things just aren't worth replacing and sometimes the moulded version is actually better. I guess the folks at Eduard reckon they can charge higher prices if they sell two frets of PE even though only a fraction of it is necessary. Some of it however does come in handy later for other projects.

Let’s see what they look like with a load of burnt umbre oil ain’t slapped all over them!
Those look the dog's. I'll be interested to know if you can get them to hang properly on the seat. I was told I had to crush the material at the start to make it flexible. I rolled the stuff like a Cuban cigar maker; made no difference, still as stiff as ever (ooh eeh). That's why I decided to go back to the metal. At least I could bend that into place.

the canopy on, it's not designed like the real one to fold in on itself to leave the gunner out in the fresh air, but then it's 70's tech. Now for the twin thirties and a 500 pounder.

Those look the dog's. I'll be interested to know if you can get them to hang properly on the seat. I was told I had to crush the material at the start to make it flexible. I rolled the stuff like a Cuban cigar maker; made no difference, still as stiff as ever (ooh eeh). That's why I decided to go back to the metal. At least I could bend that into place.
I reckon they will have a few dabs of Gorilla gel super glue on the back as I get them into place. They are pretty flexible, but not enough to hope they will hang in the right position without glue

I used the other one in the packet on a Matchbox Mk22 Spitfire, it looks very convincing from the front and back, side on not so, for two reasons, it's thin and it's difficult to get the disc to stay flat. lets see how I get on...