Military Modelling

A bit of progress at last! Various things conspired against me last weekend. First it was the youth's 16th birthday, then I discovered that he'd used all my undercoat for his GCSE art project, and then my wine delivery arrived. So I got pissed instead! Anyway, I'm about halfway there on this chap:

_20180622_165328.JPG
_20180622_165307.JPG

A bit of progress at last! Various things conspired against me last weekend. First it was the youth's 16th birthday, then I discovered that he'd used all my undercoat for his GCSE art project, and then my wine delivery arrived. So I got pissed instead! Anyway, I'm about halfway there on this chap:

View attachment 339222 View attachment 339223
Sean Bean immortalized!!

Sean Bean immortalized!!
You are probably correct. 30 years ago I could recognise several faces in a well know figure manufacturer's English Civil War range, which wasn't surprising as the bloke who did the masters was a friend of mine and the people he was copying were all members of the Sealed Knot.

Is that the grey man in the background proving the 7 s’s do work

"We're talking about the Bomb Dimetry, the Bomb" the 500Pounder to be précis Si, I'm going olive green, what do we think? yellow banding?
You are way ahead of me so not looked yet.

I’ve ordered a second little lad to operate the gun. I’m not sure if I’m putting them in yet - I’m about to crack on with the second belt. I must say I’m enjoying building a plane

You are way ahead of me so not looked yet.

I’ve ordered a second little lad to operate the gun. I’m not sure if I’m putting them in yet - I’m about to crack on with the second belt. I must say I’m enjoying building a plane
if you are modelling it parked, so to speak, why bother to cover up your detailed cockpit with bodies, then again, without crew it can't be taxying or flying. What it comes down to in the end, Museum or combat?

One hesitates to be pedantic (although I never have, ever, honestly) but, if you have already super-detailed the cockpit, why do you then put a crew in it ?
if you are modelling it parked, so to speak, why bother to cover up your detailed cockpit with bodies, then again, without crew it can't be taxying or flying. What it comes down to in the end, Museum or combat?
Like I said I’m undecided. If I don’t i’ll have the blokes to do two more planes!!

That's looking "Sharpe" :)

I usually end up with half the PE left over. Some things just aren't worth replacing and sometimes the moulded version is actually better. I guess the folks at Eduard reckon they can charge higher prices if they sell two frets of PE even though only a fraction of it is necessary. Some of it however does come in handy later for other projects.
Many a true word etc

oh you would show me that now!

some excellent pictures there NSP, They are all beautifully restored and lovingly cared for as prized possessions, there in lies the conundrum for the modeller, helpful if you're making a museum piece, not so much battered wartime example going through changes to colours and sqn markings, then thrown over the side into the deep six after it's been picked clean for spares.
Black numbers

A24
A-24.jpg

SBD from the Yorktown - Black 17
SBD1.jpg
from

Managed to splatter some paint about

IMG_20180622_233010.jpg

Just for th lads that don’t model - I’ve got to stick these two locks onto those two belts and that’s the belts all done.

F0C442F0-4835-4088-97DB-AEA34CB98AF7.jpeg

Decided not to stick the little lads in the plane

Just for th lads that don’t model - I’ve got to stick these two locks onto those two belts and that’s the belts all done.

View attachment 339318

Decided not to stick the little lads in the plane
they can be your spare crew for future builds, always nice to have options available in the spares figure box.

HE yellow band on the 500 pounder, shiniest newest looking thing on the whole battered plane.

We've had a veritable wokka fest here as the US Army's 4thCAB has been transiting the area as part of Atlantic Resolve. Only managed to get a picture of two with the phone but they've been coming over at 6 at a time. Great sound. Don't think I have room for a wokka but a Black Hawk on the other hand. Need to study some options; Academy have a 1:35th scale version.

IMG_7103.jpg