Military Modelling

Last night, created the world's smallest brass tiddleywink. Four little disks of around a 1mm in diameter glued on top of each other. Looked good, thought I'd press just one last time with the point of the tweezers and by 'eck it left the bench at a rate of knots. I doubt if the carpet monster even felt it land. Should have used a piece of stretched sprue from the go get.
That's worse than me and drill bits..... only broken 3 of them tonight :)

Once the rods are dry, they need to be trimmed and then drilled for the last pipe …… the pipes jutting out of the filters need to be trimmed to bolt head length, then the next set need to be drilled and tapped in - part count so far stands at 108, which is not bad considering there's only 5 parts in the kit ;)
IMG_20180619_231107.jpg

Two things:

View attachment 338938
These are utter twats to do, and

View attachment 338939

What can you say to that?

I ordered one of these from Wonderland Models last night, but the order has now been cancelled. Apparently, Revell has withdrawn this kit from the market due to some issues with the wording on the box art raised by various groups in Germany. There was a massive surge in demand overnight and Revell has now sold out of all current stock. It will not be restocked until October 2018 at the earliest and will be re-boxed.

I ordered one of these from Wonderland Models last night, but the order has now been cancelled. Apparently, Revell has withdrawn this kit from the market due to some issues with the wording on the box art raised by various groups in Germany. There was a massive surge in demand overnight and Revell has now sold out of all current stock. It will not be restocked until October 2018 at the earliest and will be re-boxed.
Help is at hand. Order a superior version from the US at Squadron (of putty fame). There selling the Haunebu II complete with interior. I'm sure there will be some PE from Eduards along shortly. The US version is $64 and larger than the Revel effort.

Squadron Models 1/72 Haunebu II - German Flying Saucer - SQM0001

Solved the rudder pedal conundrum last night after finishing the bottle from the night before. Simple cut here, the wrong cut there and an hour of reassembly, job done and nothing that bit of paint won't cover up. Replaced the brass tiddlywinks with some sprue and then wondered why I bothered. Its part of the structure in the tail wheel bay. Nobody is ever going to see it even if I display the thing on a mirror.

sIMG_0583.jpg

and if you are not careful that colour boy on the left will be giving you some grief

18BFB61A-8AA0-4656-BFA2-D6750EEFCC61_zps6x4t34aq.jpg

quick 4 tonner shot

IMG_2087_zps35690dca.jpg

now who was it saying hairy planes are more fun than soft skins and armour?

Nope.

Still a packet. Part of a convoy.

You can't call a truck and a couple of other vehicles a convoy.....

My experience of a 4 tonner plus two Rovers and a trailer is that it is almost always the harbour group of a Troop sized entity...........

You know what a harbour group is, I know........

PS. Why do you keep empty wine bottles? Is there some expert modelling use you need to share?:)

Nope.

Still a packet. Part of a convoy.

You can't call a truck and a couple of other vehicles a convoy.....

My experience of a 4 tonner plus two Rovers and a trailer is that it is almost always the harbour group of a Troop sized entity...........

You know what a harbour group is, I know........

PS. Why do you keep empty wine bottles? Is there some expert modelling use you need to share?:)
if you look hard there was a dribble in that one - shame to waste it.

OK so its a packet, but 'quick packet shot' doesnt sound as good as 'quick convoy shot' though does it

Ta. You can have hours of endless amusement when completely pissed
I entirely agree. I tried carving the nose of a Ju88 that I had converted into a night-fighter and managed to sever the tendon in my left thumb with a Stanley knife. Nothing that the boys and girls in the A&E unit at Maidstone Hospital couldn't sort out, though.

if you look hard there was a dribble in that one - shame to waste it.

OK so its a packet, but 'quick packet shot' doesnt sound as good as 'quick convoy shot' though does it
Leave it as a Harbour Group........

Help is at hand. Order a superior version from the US at Squadron (of putty fame). There selling the Haunebu II complete with interior. I'm sure there will be some PE from Eduards along shortly. The US version is $64 and larger than the Revel effort.

Squadron Models 1/72 Haunebu II - German Flying Saucer - SQM0001
So if I've got my head around this, two model companies have produced a 'scale' model of a completely fictitious SF flying saucer, which has no connection to any well known film or TV series just for the hell of of it. Presumably steampunk flying battleships will be next.

So if I've got my head around this, two model companies have produced a 'scale' model of a completely fictitious SF flying saucer, which has no connection to any well known film or TV series just for the hell of of it. Presumably steampunk flying battleships will be next.
Must be real; there are a couple of other kits and scales out there. I expect the kit for the steampunk flying battleships, or leviathans, as they seem to be called will be along shortly. The aftermarket for all this junk should be a hoot with various steampunk Nazis for the crew.

Kirrect. However, Revell have received a lot of flak (criticism) for their offering, whereas Squadron seem to be bullet-proof.