Military Modelling

Corsair extras for the build off.

View attachment 335941

Spent a bit more than intended when I added the resin wheels and the engine cowl. Went for Big Eddie's set for the PE as buying couple of sets of PE apart would have cost more than a bundled set. The Barracuda decal set came from the States (swift service). Thought the set would have been larger when I ordered it but they're good looking decals.

View attachment 335943

The main event is quite an impressive box of goodies. Quite a sizeable interaction manual and a book about the Corsair in general, PE for the seat harness, plastic vinyl wheels and a large picture for the paint job. The vinyl wheels are a bit shit with a massive seam line running round them. I'm going for the version with the yellow cowl shown in the picture (the obverse has the second option with a coupe of bands around the fuselage).
That's quite a stash @PFGEN ......I just brought a small roll of fuse wire for my build

Why don't we have a F**K ME ! button ??
Erh, I don't even think it's that good a paint job, thinking of getting better specs, something along the lines of 5 x magnification rather than the 3x ones I'm currently using

That is disturbingly Impressive and at 1:48 to boot. I'd need a microscope for something like that and it would still look a mess.
Being very short sighted helps when coupled with x3 reading glasses .......... even if they do give me headaches

Corsair extras for the build off.

View attachment 335941

Spent a bit more than intended when I added the resin wheels and the engine cowl. Went for Big Eddie's set for the PE as buying couple of sets of PE apart would have cost more than a bundled set. The Barracuda decal set came from the States (swift service). Thought the set would have been larger when I ordered it but they're good looking decals.

View attachment 335943

The main event is quite an impressive box of goodies. Quite a sizeable interaction manual and a book about the Corsair in general, PE for the seat harness, plastic vinyl wheels and a large picture for the paint job. The vinyl wheels are a bit shit with a massive seam line running round them. I'm going for the version with the yellow cowl shown in the picture (the obverse has the second option with a coupe of bands around the fuselage).

flippin ell PFGEN, Yours'll be quite a build to keep an eye on!
BTW, anyone going to Fort Nelson in the next couple of weeks, they have the poppy wave there

View attachment 335931
might drop over there for that, never got to see it at the Tower of London.
I very nearly proffed a WW2 German mountain howitzer 1941 dated for Ft Nelson. It was sat in the Officer Cadet reading area at The bombed out Pristina barracks, to my everlasting regret ,by the time I got authority to ship it to the UK, the Yanks had the same idea and it was gone, should a just grabbed it.

Oh dear, why do I have this nagging thought that I may just have gone down the wrong path and should have just picked up some fuse wire and filler instead of going for the extras. Bollocks, too late now.
Because you're not as cheap as I am :)

Some progress with the TUL, sonim deffo modelling again

Hole cut for fuel cap and the vents in on the back of the roof for those scaleys to run their wires through. A bit of mr surface to tidy up and I’ll get the fuel cap in

BEE279F8-9522-4470-B3E7-0C1098F14C6B.jpeg

Assuming the giant onion doesn’t attack of course

Last edited:
It’s official. I’m modelling again. Mr Surface out so it’s proper serious. Wokka next!!

F8093915-595A-4722-B273-E33E632B0F0D.jpeg

Nice work, that surface filler any good?
Mr surface is the mutts. You get different grades of it. Have you not used it before? You can build up layers then sand it down. It dries in minutes. It’s great stuff

Mr surface is the mutts. You get different grades of it. Have you not used it before? You can build up layers then sand it down. It dries in minutes. It’s great stuff
No, not used it at all, seen it about a few times... I'm still in the dark ages :)

Talking of which, update time :)

Just a few gaps here and there to be filled
IMG_20180528_213043.jpg

Need to leave things set, for some odd reason, I suspect this might be getting set aside come the group build

IMG_20180528_215147.jpg

Gents bit late in the day, the aircraft of the Eastern Fleet deserve a mention/build although the BPF had a greater variety of aircraft.

Last edited:
Hi chaps

I've just had the latest catalogues through from one of my suppliers - lots of new products aimed for modellers which might be of interest to you lot.

I'll have a browse through them when I have half an hour and stick some links on here for you.

going to get some Mr Surfacer and give it a try on some scrap from the spares box, sounds like a product to do your driveway.