Military Modelling

very nice, Bovy are restoring something similar to that, might be a mark or two different, but they are sorting the engine and gearbox, might have it running in a couple of years. Seems to be the current thinking over there. If it's not too original, like the WW1 Whippet, they might get it running.
Thamks mate. Bit of work to do yet though!

I'm pretty sure the Vickers Mk VI at Bovy is a runner. It's in beautiful nick and the tracks look like they've had recent use. I've got the day off today so I might pop over for a look this afternoon.

Shall we call the group build closed when I've finished mine? Lets face it, anyone building slower then me has most likely took a gap year or 3 :)
Slow? You? You're more like a veritable Albert Speer. I've lost count of how many you've knocked out since the start of the year, all well crafted and the kit induced issues all neatly ironed out. I expect that Mrs Daz is now referring too your display area as fliegerhorst der DAF.

Thamks mate. Bit of work to do yet though!

I'm pretty sure the Vickers Mk VI at Bovy is a runner. It's in beautiful nick and the tracks look like they've had recent use. I've got the day off today so I might pop over for a look this afternoon.
This one??
WP_20131207_11_22_51_Smart.jpg

Slow? You? You're more like a veritable Albert Speer. I've lost count of how many you've knocked out since the start of the year, all well crafted and the kit induced issues all neatly ironed out. I expect that Mrs Daz is now referring too your display area as fliegerhorst der DAF.
Not in front of the Vicar or the rest of the Church committee when they visit ………...mind you, they tend to ignore me and my hobby :)

I have been informed by someone with 20+ years experience in casting with white metal, that most metals used for casting such as "white metal"* can only be reheated/melted a finite number of times before the metal starts to degrade, which usually results in poor definition/loss of detail and becoming increasingly fragile as the molecules or something don't bond correctly.

* White metal - Wikipedia
They are very fragile.....but then again, feck knows how old the kit is

Last edited:
have you got paintbox, most windows has it, it has a good tool for re sizing and cropping, I use 600 pixcels for the widest side of the picture. easier to store and transmit. Tinypic.com is a good host too.
Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Where is Picture Manager?

So easy, even I can use it :)

Almost time to break out the etched brass, need to find some seatbelt, the ones that come with the kit seem to be made out of unbendable stainless steel, ditto for the instrument panel, rudder pedals etc.... also needs some weathering :)
IMG_20180521_213727.jpg

the bike moving on, now for some tinware..

aha, look what turned up from e bay, wanted one of these for a while, it's post war of course, so it'll sit in the stash post Pacific war, like the real thing really.

Nearly done! Bit of light weathering to do yet. Just waiting for the varnish to dry, and the super glue fixing the antenna to harden. I thought the bloody stuff was supposed to be instant!? I also toned down the green as it was too... well...green. Anyway, Vickers Mk VIB of HQ Sqn 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards, France, May/June 1940.

_20180521_221722.JPG
_20180521_221536.JPG
_20180521_221800.JPG

aha, look what turned up from e bay, wanted one of these for a while, it's post war of course, so it'll sit in the stash post Pacific war, like the real thing really.

Sitting on the reserved shelf at wonderland the older sales person was very reluctant to let me look at it…..must have mistaken me for mark renton…..

1/32 Douglas Dauntless from Trumpeter ordered last night, so I’m deffo in for the GB.

Found the box from the truck last night as well, so won’t be long before it looks like a Land Rover

5909AC66-BBC1-46D8-A04C-38BAB719C424.jpeg

I looks like it's been left a little too long in the vehicle park, as the Kingos passed through. Check for fingerprints.
Its a bit grubby and bits of it are going to find themselves in detol for a bit and re-done with a decent airbrush - my old airbrush was knackered when I sprayed it

Its a bit grubby and bits of it are going to find themselves in detol for a bit and re-done with a decent airbrush - my old airbrush was knackered when I sprayed it
I was joshing you - and referring to the thieving tendencies of some (real life) soldiers and (real life) LRs. It will turn out great, I am sure.