Military Modelling

so the SR71, kit by Italeri, just taking a look not bonding anything together or even removing parts from the frame, got the Tiger ll on the go at the mo, so I can't stop work there. First thing, all frame nicely packaged in a sealed poly, reducing the chance of anything missing...

PF Gen mentioned a few pages back that this kit would be all large pieces and few of them, well he was right there, the fusilage and wings are made up from giant castings. This is the under-side of the fusilage wing.

so on the whole quite an interesting subject, simple kit with few parts, but then again, compared to the Takom Tiger 2 I'm building right now, not many kits can easily compete. Saw a good documentary on u tube on the SR71 last night. avarage kit of a inspiring subject, So it's the next kit right after the Tiger.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ref. Above post: The Masters Productions truck and the Two Commander Models trucks have been sold. Thanks to the Two buyers, charity will benefit by £100. Cheers guys.
Ref Above post: All items for sale have now been sold. Thanks to those who bought some very nice kits for a snip. Over £300 pound was raised for Rosemere Cancer Charity. Well done guys.

the kit comes with this little used, probably experimental Drone, I won't be using that, probably use it for airbrush practice.
I know a bit about the SR71 but obviously not a lot as I've never come across this drone before, I will have to search the web for info tonight at work. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

the kit comes with this little used, probably experimental Drone, I won't be using that, probably use it for airbrush practice.
I know a bit about the SR71 but obviously not a lot as I've never come across this drone before, I will have to search the web for info tonight at work. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The Museum of Flight in Seattle has one with the drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Empty King Tiger Engine bay, soon to change...

components that go in the engine bay with the engine, half the total amount supplied with the kit as one whole side has been cut away
That's coming on great guns....almost makes me want to make a tank :)

Last edited:
I was, however the kit is too shit to continue with. There is another 1/48 P-61 that I may try in the future but the Revell offering would never have gone on my shelf.
So, it really, really is that bad then?