Military Modelling

Empty King Tiger Engine bay, soon to change...


components that go in the engine bay with the engine, half the total amount supplied with the kit as one whole side has been cut away
That's coming on great guns....almost makes me want to make a tank :)
 
Last edited:
I was, however the kit is too shit to continue with. There is another 1/48 P-61 that I may try in the future but the Revell offering would never have gone on my shelf.
So, it really, really is that bad then?
 
Almost ready for the final clean up and markings to be applied :)

IMG_20180425_213632.jpg
 
That's coming on great guns....almost makes wont to make a tank :)
that would be different, when I'm building that SR71 and you're building a Tank. There's 1,024 parts to this King Tiger, on 17 sprue-frames, the parts count includes 117 PE parts that I've not reached yet. So far I've emptied three sprue frames, and removed about 20% of parts from another three sprues. Some way to go still.
 
that would be different, when I'm building that SR71 and you're building a Tank. There's 1,024 parts to this King Tiger, on 17 sprue-frames, the parts count includes 117 PE parts that I've not reached yet. So far I've emptied three sprue frames, and removed about 20% of parts from another three sprues. Some way to go still.
Bugger that for a laugh.....I'm confused with more than 4 parts to stick together :)
 
Struggling at the moment with Eduard brass for my Tamiya Bradley. PE can make a difference with a model but sometimes I think Eduard are just a bunch of sadistic bastards.

I need 13 or so grab handles for the turret. They don't appear on the Tamiya moulding in any format and they should be there. I should just give up and cover the area concerned with some gash but stupidly I'm as stubborn as they are sadistic. Now trying to bend a couple of mm of metal in four places under a microscope where the end of the tweezers dwarfs the part. Now if Eduard only provided 13 parts then I would have given up as I've buggered up at least 12 parts already. No, the bastards provide false hope by giving extra parts to the tune of around 50.

Maybe some day I'll get the idea of this brass thing until then I suspect a lot of models are going to be displaying battle damage. As of last night I have 5 handles and 12 dead ones. I might just manege the requisite number from the 50 potential parts.
 
It was the fit of the glasswork, it was terrible. The body you can fill and re-scribe, but the glass?
I just cannot be arsed trying to get a poor kit to look half decent, when there are so many Tamiya, Eduard and Hasegawa kits to make.
I'll scratch that one off the bucket list then, I know what you mean about the glass, had that with the DO335, no matter how you tried to remove the glass of the spur, its going to get damaged ....and the fit was crap to boot :)
 
Last edited:


The Museum of Flight in Seattle has one with the drone



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pic, I did read up on it and it was interesting, especially the way it self-destructs after jettisoning its camera film. Every day is a school day on this site and in particular this thread.
 
looking forward to creating that graded colour of different black tones with my, now unblocked, airbrush.
That's the key thing stopping me getting cracking on my version of the kit. Need to spend some time getting some good reference photos to get the shading correct. Suspect there will be a wide range of blacks used!
 
Last edited:

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer


The Museum of Flight in Seattle has one with the drone



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the pic, I did read up on it and it was interesting, especially the way it self-destructs after jettisoning its camera film. Every day is a school day on this site and in particular this thread.
As an aside - should you ever find yourself in Seattle that museum is fantastic






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top