Military Modelling

Newsflash for the Taff contingent, anyone fancy a very cheap Revell 1:32 P-51D-5NA Mustang Aircraft Model, You'd might like to make your way across to Trago Mills Merthyr Tydfil, they've got a small stash of them for £9.19 , one of which has just been rehomed :)
Is it worth the two hour each way drive? :-D

Is it worth the two hour each way drive? :-D
Depends on the MPG of your transport :)

Or if your better half issues instructions that you're taken them, in that case, you might as well pick up a kit or two :)

A mate of mine once drove an hour and a half each way to a show just to get a sheet of transfers, which he could have mail ordered. Because he wanted them NOW.

The w@nker.
What else did he get, apart from the transfers and a day out :)

A mate of mine once drove an hour and a half each way to a show just to get a sheet of transfers, which he could have mail ordered. Because he wanted them NOW.

The w@nker.
well you can't beat a bit of pre planning can you.

the gearbox is in, needs weathering, if the term weathering applies to something inside, oil, grease, gun fumes, petrol fumes, sweat,that's still weathering, even if it is out of the weather.

Its more or less in one piece, just needs a final polish once its been washed

Edit, and yes, I did remember to bung some weight into the nose, small screws, lead wire, filler.....anything that could be wedged in forward of the front wheel mounting
View attachment 331707
I've used .36 calibre lead pistol balls, since giving up black powder shooting, really handy nose weights, and shotgun shot are great too, nice and weighty and squish into milliput really well. Can't have too much nose weight, well you can, but you'd run out of space.

Is that the old version or the new one? Anyway I thought you thought Revell were the spawn of satan
They are the spawn of Satan, however, for less than a tenner :)

It's also the new tool, the same one they were showing off at Telford last year

well you can't beat a bit of pre planning can you.

the gearbox is in, needs weathering, if the term weathering applies to something inside, oil, grease, gun fumes, petrol fumes, sweat,that's still weathering, even if it is out of the weather.
Looks ace.........for to much for me to try

I've used .36 calibre lead pistol balls, since giving up black powder shooting, really handy nose weights, and shotgun shot are great too, nice and weighty and squish into milliput really well. Can't have too much nose weight, well you can, but you'd run out of space.
Hence using rolled up wire :)

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Right guys, charity time again. The following models are for sale with proceeds going to Rosemere Cancer Charity Fund. Most of you will know that these prices are up to half the retail price. Please, have a look and, if you want something, PM me with details.

Masters Productions MP35033 2.5ton 6x6 COE AFKWX353 (17 ft Body) £30.00
View attachment 331599

Commander Models I-064 US Ford GTB 1.5 ton Truck. £30.00
View attachment 331600 View attachment 331601

Commander Models I-071 FWD SU-COE 5-6ton US Truck. £30.00
View attachment 331602 View attachment 331603

Resicast 35.1258 Interior detail for British Gantry truck (not included) £25.00
View attachment 331604

Verlinden Productions 35584 Opel Blitz Workshop conversion kit. £25.00
View attachment 331605

Mirror Models 35831 US Indian 741 Motorcycle kit. (2 bikes in kit) £20.00
View attachment 331606

Broncos Models 35035 Triumph 3HW Motorcycle kit (2 bikes, 3 figures) £20.00
View attachment 331607

All kits are 1/35 scale and buyer pays postage (£2.84 max)
Yes, I know I've repeated the post, but I have added some pictures.
Ref. Above post: The Masters Productions truck and the Two Commander Models trucks have been sold. Thanks to the Two buyers, charity will benefit by £100. Cheers guys.

Depends on the MPG of your transport :)

Or if your better half issues instructions that you're taken them, in that case, you might as well pick up a kit or two :)
I pass it on the way down to my mother's near Bridgend, but I'll have to give it a miss sadly :)

Scale Model Show at Tangmere Military Aviation Museum 2018 - Anyone been to the show in past years, if so, is it worth a visit?

Back to painting, ish

Pre shading done and underside more or less done

IMG_20180422_171331.jpg

Yellows on, hate yellow :)

IMG_20180422_212835.jpg

Pre shaded the topside..... just need to wait on the yellow setting before masking off

IMG_20180422_212845.jpg