Military Modelling

The noise is great when you fire then up for the first time. If you have a public standing around its possible to make it sound like your having a bit of bother starting it before the engine roars. The low turbine whine on the Leopard when it starts is just as good. I keep it behind the sofa and fire it up while the others are still trying to get their heads round the controls on the Tigers. Let battle commence (if you have the optional shot detection system).
At that scale you could probably fit it with a cut down .410. Then battle could really commence! :-D

[QUOTE="JT0475, post: 8476851, member: 19702"

Mechanically complete. Hatches for the commander & loader to finish (waiting on paint to dry). Then a final rattle can of yellow, followed by the green cam over spray. Then I’ll fit all the pioneer tools etc, decals & that’ll be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

What is the manufacturer of your kit ? The reason that I ask is that I was pretty ill before Xmas and I bought the Heng Long R/C Tiger to cheer me up. Most of the holes for accesories are in the same place as yours'. When you power up your tank, you are in for a very happy surprise.[/QUOTE]

This is Tamiya’s full option Tiger 1 Fruhe Produktion (i.e. early)

[QUOTE="JT0475, post: 8476851, member: 19702"

Mechanically complete. Hatches for the commander & loader to finish (waiting on paint to dry). Then a final rattle can of yellow, followed by the green cam over spray. Then I’ll fit all the pioneer tools etc, decals & that’ll be it

Hi there,

What is the manufacturer of your kit ? The reason that I ask is that I was pretty ill before Xmas and I bought the Heng Long R/C Tiger to cheer me up. Most of the holes for accesories are in the same place as yours'. When you power up your tank, you are in for a very happy surprise.
This is Tamiya’s full option Tiger 1 Fruhe Produktion (i.e. early)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Oh, and yes, all the sounds are pretty damn good

Having completed my 28mm tribute to Rum, Sodemy and the Lash, I’ve set myself something slightly bigger for my next challenge:

54mm anyone? Brings back memories of Airfix multiparts and strips of paper for slings, cross-belts and horse-furniture (for the more grey-haired amongst us!)

Erg, still got some of those Airfix kits in the attic somewhere ....but those look more interesting

Sitrep on the Chieftain and Challenger, no change from last report except I have finished and painted the tracks.

I will be taking an enforced break from model making for a while given the operation on my hand is due at 0700 tomorrow morning, Mrs 06 does agree that model making should be good therapy (why she should know I don't know as she was a loggie).
There may be an opportunity to acquire one or two models for future construction with approval rather than criticism. I will keep you informed.

Sitrep on the Chieftain and Challenger, no change from last report except I have finished and painted the tracks.

I will be taking an enforced break from model making for a while given the operation on my hand is due at 0700 tomorrow morning, Mrs 06 does agree that model making should be good therapy (why she should know I don't know as she was a loggie).
There may be an opportunity to acquire one or two models for future construction with approval rather than criticism. I will keep you informed.
Best of luck with the op, and we'll all be waiting on the updates

More masking tape applied
IMG_20180320_204525.jpg

Top coat, RLM81/82/83
IMG_20180320_230517.jpg
IMG_20180320_230526.jpg

Needs to be flat coated then the touching up, markings and weathering can begin

Best of luck with said op 06!

someone a way back posted a pic of some aircraft bases showing a panned blurr to show movement, well they also do armour bases too, here's my choice from their list of many, they do something similar with other nations flags. This one's right for our two cold war icons. Next up, a glass case for it. (www.coastalkits.co.uk)

Thanks for the concerns over my hand all went well this morning. Am now back at home managing to burn through all the brownie points I have earned in nearly 30 years of marriage as I am being waited on by Mrs06.

hand1.jpg

Edited to add a photo of said hand as this is Arrse and without pictures it didn't happen.