Military Modelling

Is that where it broke down and no one was able to move it latter.:)
 
Is that where it broke down and no one was able to move it latter.:)
It was knocked out further down in the village - barrel was hit. After the war when the Belgian Army was clearing up one of the locals persuaded them to move it up to its current location instead in exchange for a bottle of brandy. The end of the barrel is actually a Panther 75mm that was found in a farmers hedge years later, and cleverly mated to the remains of the 88mm. The track guards are replacements as well - local refabrications. It was repainted a couple of years ago. It has always retained its original turret number though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Airfix have made their money back on that mold and then some. I've made a few since it's first inception in around 1969 ( about a shilling then which equates to five pence ish). The latest renditions for about the last eight years have been in pretty poor soft plastic from India which looses some of the subtly of the original. lovely kit though
As I remember they were 2/- [that's 10p to the little ones], because that was my weekly pocket money and I could buy one Scale 1 kit a week, anything bigger meant saving. Also the original kit didn't have the female option.
 
As I remember they were 2/- [that's 10p to the little ones], because that was my weekly pocket money and I could buy one Scale 1 kit a week, anything bigger meant saving. Also the original kit didn't have the female option.
Did it come in a bag like this :)
pristine.jpg


BTW, First release was 1967
 
Right, based, shaded and varnished! His Majesty’s finest hearts of oak, from HMS Chlamydia and under the command of Lt Fellatio Lawnmower, assisted by Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Roger the Cabin Boy, ready for the off!!


They’re having their first outing this afternoon so we’ll see how they do!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Progress this afternoon - all ‘in hull’ electrics fitted & now the Pfeiffel air cleaners




Did have a minor panic when I thought the turret actuator motor was missing!



But it was just cunningly hidden behind one of my tool/paint boxes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Right, based, shaded and varnished! His Majesty’s finest hearts of oak, from HMS Chlamydia and under the command of Lt Fellatio Lawnmower, assisted by Master Bates, Seaman Staines and Roger the Cabin Boy, ready for the off!!


They’re having their first outing this afternoon so we’ll see how they do!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So......did they win ? :)
 
Progress this afternoon - all ‘in hull’ electrics fitted & now the Pfeiffel air cleaners




Did have a minor panic when I thought the turret actuator motor was missing!



But it was just cunningly hidden behind one of my tool/paint boxes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good...... but has it had a test run yet?
 
Not sure, but I think I might need some more masking tape

IMG_20180318_182836.jpg
 
As I remember they were 2/- [that's 10p to the little ones], because that was my weekly pocket money and I could buy one Scale 1 kit a week, anything bigger meant saving. Also the original kit didn't have the female option.
these ones came with both sponsons for male and female, you just built it up to whichever instructions and box it came with, the spares might be useful in the diorama
 
these ones came with both sponsons for male and female, you just built it up to whichever instructions and box it came with, the spares might be useful in the diorama
Might be something to consider in this PC age, a hermaphrodite tank :) (Now labelled as a Trans Tank :) )
p1.jpg
 
Every time I look at this thread I get adverts from Amazon trying to convince me to buy the Tamiya 1/48 Dingo or the Tilly. Managing to hold out so far but I've very nearly broken. I also cant decide which!
 
Every time I look at this thread I get adverts from Amazon trying to convince me to buy the Tamiya 1/48 Dingo or the Tilly. Managing to hold out so far but I've very nearly broken. I also cant decide which!
Funny, mine tends to have the letters BF and the numbers 019 in them ...they trying to tell me something :)
 
Every time I look at this thread I get adverts from Amazon trying to convince me to buy the Tamiya 1/48 Dingo or the Tilly. Managing to hold out so far but I've very nearly broken. I also cant decide which!
You know that the eventual answer is going to be both that way you'll cut down on postage costs than if you were buying them separately. This is similar to the logic women use when buying at the sales. "Oh look I've saved 20%." The argument that the other 80% could have been saved if you hadn't bough the shoite in the first place is not a good one to deploy unless your prepared for the return of the cold war.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top