Military Modelling

Planning on ather test game with the cold war rules next Monday, I'll try and remember to take some photos of the models on the table top.
I'd like to see that. Many many moons ago I used to play some of the lads in a WW2 game. Can't remember what the scale was but the there's a bag of them in a cupboard somewhere. Losers had to forfeit some of their pieces so I picked up a few painted pieces but nothing like the quality that I've seen here.

ref the 1/35 tank crew...

The British version would look something like this :)

Minor update time....not had much time to do sod all

Working on the bays, still WIP
IMG_20180311_193321.jpg

Rods fitted, not that anyone can see the sodding things, but I know they are there :)
IMG_20180311_193345.jpg

Next time, I'll spring for some AM exhausts
IMG_20180315_190526.jpg

Poor kunt. Is it most of a Dingger?
Nah! This chap's mostly 'armless, whereas Dingerr is permanently legless. :-D

completed the Hadley Page Halifax for Tangmere Aviation Museum,took it in today and they are very pleased with it, as I am, looks good in the Wing Commander Ratcliff display.

completed the Hadley Page Halifax for Tangmere Aviation Museum,took it in today and they are very pleased with it, as I am, looks good in the Wing Commander Ratcliff display.

Now that display looks right at home, take a bow @SPROCKET321

Since its quiet in here, well, apart from the Chinese spamming the boards again, it's minor update time after slapping some paint on the underside.

Fairly typical late war scheme underneath, RLM76 and bare metal, however, at this stage of the game, the panels tended to come pre sprayed and therefore there was a tendency for a colour mismatch - the green band is RLM83 and was field applied by at least JG 6 & JG 26 on D9 and later marks of the '190D

IMG_20180317_064700.jpg
IMG_20180317_064712.jpg

Last edited:
I've just been looking at some plan views of the M1 Abrams tank - it appears from the plans that the road wheels are slightly offset, with the RHS wheels trailing slightly behind those on the LHS.

Has anyone built a 1/35 scale M1 who can confirm this?

Anyone know the reason why?

Just curious but I want to get the details before I start on a 1/144 M1.. :)

I've just been looking at some plan views of the M1 Abrams tank - it appears from the plans that the road wheels are slightly offset, with the RHS wheels trailing slightly behind those on the LHS.

Has anyone built a 1/35 scale M1 who can confirm this?

Anyone know the reason why?

Just curious but I want to get the details before I start on a 1/144 M1.. :)
Torsion bars. They go right across the hull so they need to be offset

Why is it that you see the vehicle painted with such care and attention, and the crew figure/s is/are barely painted to "bought off the shelf" shop standard? Really detracts from the finished job.