Military Modelling

Really, the DO 335 should quit smoking, it's bad for its health
IMG_20180224_213932.jpg
IMG_20180224_213948.jpg

Just need to glue all the bits that's dropped off the underside back on now

I bought this lot on a whim the other day. Bit of a mixed bag, sculpting's nice but a right mish-mash of kit.
_20180224_212701.JPG

Three of them are obviously supposed to be WMIK crew and appear to be wearing Mk1 Osprey. The two standing figures are both wearing Mk4 Osprey but all five have Mk7 helmets. Then there's the weapons - two rifles, a GPMG, and four pistols. The rifles are both A1 versions which as far as I'm aware were never used in Afghanistan - one has a UGL fitted but there's something weirdly wrong with the sculpting. The GPMG is reasonable but the barrel seems too skinny. Then there's a selection of pouches but only really enough for one bloke.

I've made a start on one of the standing figures. I decided to give him a set of belt kit so scratched a molle belt from miliput, and a roll-pin from the foil and wire from a bottle of rioja. Damn useful stuff rioja! I also bulked out his daysack to make it look better. Needs some straps yet.

_20180224_212106.JPG
_20180224_212239.JPG

MB can certainly be a mixed bag,alright. Some of their modern Yank sets spring to mind,mixture of Alice,Vietnam era and molle equipment and some that is clearly just made up. Their old west stuff is not bad though.
Regarding the modern Brit set,I know beards were sometimes tolerated in afghan,but this bloke looks like a viking.

Bit of progress on the big Tiger - slight pause as I forgot to paint the jack - which needs to be fitted before I fit the right rear track guard (screws on from below). Done a bit of patch painting and some detail work whilst some bits are still on the sprue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger Tank - - The Airfix Tribute Forum -

couple of pictures that may be of help to you in your Tiger JT

Bit of progress on the big Tiger - slight pause as I forgot to paint the jack - which needs to be fitted before I fit the right rear track guard (screws on from below). Done a bit of patch painting and some detail work whilst some bits are still on the sprue.

Tiger Tank - - The Airfix Tribute Forum -

couple of pictures that may be of help to you in your Tiger JT

Cheers. I will try to mess it up a little but not too much once completed - I don’t like too much weathering personally

Cheers. I will try to mess it up a little but not too much once completed - I don’t like too much weathering personally

the bloke that wrote this pretty much agrees with you on that point, he says in the book he wants to portray the vehicles and not the mud and filth they fought in, I like a little light weathering unless it looks at odds in a diorama showing heavy mud or dusty conditions.

the paint matting off as it dries..
I've just clocked that the 'rear view*' mirrors are a more modern pattern than the rectangular one's I was used to - are the older ones provided as an option?

*Not that you could see much with them anyways - fitted more for legal reasons I always thought...

Coming on a treat

Air cleaners, exhaust system & side skirts fitted. Now it’s onto the electrical system checking so battery charging time

The latest 1/76 rescue mission:

IMG_4499.jpg

A multimedia Bergehetzer with Armtec vac-form and injection moulded parts, plus a white metal conversion from Michael Gohres. Also some balsa additions and spares box bits and pieces. Side skirts from Fujimi....

About 40 years old and yes, rubber band tracks...:x

Last night's efforts:

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg