Military Modelling

Are the track links click/glue togther plaggy ones?
They're designed to be clicked together without glue. So after clicking it together I picked it up and half of it fell apart. Fortunately Meng provides plenty link so it was a case of trial and error to find the good ones. The addition of the paint and particularly the wash seems to have helped make the link a little more robust.

ok, pressed down evenly on a block of wood, the GPMG cut free from the sprue frame, phew.

edit to add, it looks like the safety catch is in the wrong place, here it is located above the trigger guard, did they change it in later marks?
According to the manual the safety catch is mounted st the top of the hand grip. The button you can see above the trigger guard is the rear mounting pin and is removed to allow the pistol grip to drop out for cleaning etc...

http://biblioteka.mycity-military.com/biblioteka/Vule/Pesadijsko naoruzanje/General Purpose Machine Gun (British Army Handbook).pdf

Edited to add that I had to look it up 'cos although I remember using either the thumb or forefinger to operate the catch I couldn't quite remember where it was positioned.

Mind you I could probably still strip and reassemble one if I had to... as long as I didn't have to clean the gas parts ;-)

Last edited:
They're designed to be clicked together without glue. So after clicking it together I picked it up and half of it fell apart. Fortunately Meng provides plenty link so it was a case of trial and error to find the good ones. The addition of the paint and particularly the wash seems to have helped make the link a little more robust.
Thanks PFGEN. I'll have a go on my 38t.

looking at picks of modern ratpacks,the contents all appear to come off the shelf at tesco or aldi or the local cash & carry
Off thread: I recall being told that at one stage to dispel complaints that compo was rejected kit, they put all the civilian labels on them.

That stopped as most of it was then flogged off 'Dahn the market'

On thread: This month's Airfix magazine has a kit build review of the 432. A bit late for @SPROCKET321 but may be useful to somebody out there.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have a 1/35 scale Academy (1365) Warrior MCV complete with Italeri (340) Desert Rats (modern) and Masterbox (35180) Modern Uk Infantry. This is going for £25.00, proceeds as usual, to Children's Cancer Charities. PM me for details. Payment via PayPal only.

Ah ha you have spotted my cunning jig. Not a daft question at all. The turret from the Meng kit includes the cage. By the time various bits have been added it becomes rather difficult to pick up without risking fat finger damage. To avoid this I used the hull of the Tamiya kit as a holder, hence the two different colours. The turret has already been sprayed. The Tamiya hull hasn't seen the paint shop yet.
Would it mate up as a build or is it only good as a holder?

What about this one then?

Apparently the ejector seat had to be powerful enough to throw the pilot well clear of the jet intake just behind the cockpit...

I would not like to be the bloke to test the thing in flight :eek:

Heinkel He 162 - Wikipedia

During its exceedingly brief operational service career, the 162's cartridge-type ejector seat was employed under combat conditions by JG1 pilots at least three times. The first recorded use was by Lt Rudolf Schmidt on April 20, with Fw Erwin Steeb ejecting from his 162 the following day. Finally, Hptm Paul-Heinrich Dahne attempted an ejection on April 24, but was killed when the aircraft's cockpit canopy failed to detach.
Erh, got one of them in the build pile.....Tamiya 1/48 that just happened to fall into my possession one fine day :)

The curse of Revell strikes again.......now its handy if you leave a large hole in the wing for a light to be fitted, you'd supply a light and not just a piece of clear plastic to fill the hole, that is unless you're Revell in which case, you don't bother.....bastards

Blanking plate fitted, drilled out and a "bulb" fitted
IMG_20180221_213333.jpg

Test fitting the "clear" part, needs more fettling to fit

IMG_20180221_225535.jpg

Got pee'd off, so started weathering the exhaust covers instead
IMG_20180221_225514.jpg

Last edited:
According to the manual the safety catch is mounted st the top of the hand grip. The button you can see above the trigger guard is the rear mounting pin and is removed to allow the pistol grip to drop out for cleaning etc...

http://biblioteka.mycity-military.com/biblioteka/Vule/Pesadijsko naoruzanje/General Purpose Machine Gun (British Army Handbook).pdf

Edited to add that I had to look it up 'cos although I remember using either the thumb or forefinger to operate the catch I couldn't quite remember where it was positioned.

Mind you I could probably still strip and reassemble one if I had to... as long as I didn't have to clean the gas parts ;-)
yes, thanks for that, after googling images of the old Gympy, I will have to scratch a cross bolt safety catch on the pistil grip with a stub of heat stretched sprue. Getting the circles on the end of the catch will be interesting.

yes, thanks for that, after googling images of the old Gympy, I will have to scratch a cross bolt safety catch on the pistil grip with a stub of heat stretched sprue. Getting the circles on the end of the catch will be interesting.
a 1/35 scale safety catch... really???

Couldn't you just paint a small red dot on the pistol grip?

...and you lot call me crazy.... :)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
In that scale I would try scribing them with a heated pin maybe?

Pinched from another thread...

Anyone tried painting something like this camouflage scheme yet?

If so, are you still sane? ;-)