Military Modelling

1653774136647.png

Exchange 'Beret' for 'Budgie smugglers'.... Or would you prefer the the corps colours in stripes?

Daz

LE
Bugger! I'll have to change my complete wardrobe now. Are Corps patterned budgie-smugglers allowed?
In the case of your Corps patterned budgie-smugglers, we'll make an exception to the rules*

*The exception being, no flogging, just shot on sight .....its the kindest option :)

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Old School!

Ah, I just picked up a whole load of Hinchcliffe 28mm Napoleonic British line infantry for a couple of quid in a charity shop. Fair took me back to the 1970s!

Ah, I just picked up a whole load of Hinchcliffe 28mm Napoleonic British line infantry for a couple of quid in a charity shop. Fair took me back to the 1970s!
I vaguely remember casting figures with plaster molds, heating up the white metal in a pan on the stove. This was with a schoolmate and his Dad, who later opened a model shop in the village (Histon, near Cambridge).
IIRC we sold Prince August casting sets when I worked at Ren-Models.
I later discovered that at work we would 'pot' sensors in a two part compound which worked well to make molds.
cast a few Tamiya Landrover wheels to convert the Pink Panther into a GS wagon. A lot of stuff at work became useful, in fact when they told me to clear my bench (after 23 years)... the same modelling bench sitting beside me now!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
You lucky bugger!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
On their website, they say their e-bay shop is still trading under the name "kitlady" Guess they did more on fleabay than anywhere else.
Which is really interesting as that is closed as well!

Scorpion Miniature Models. Search Scorpion and SMM and you will find it.

Prepare to leave the site a lot poorer
I've already got some bits from them for my Scimitar.

In the case of your Corps patterned budgie-smugglers - Feather boa 1995 issue , we'll make an exception to the rules*

*The exception being, no flogging, just shot on sight .....its the kindest option :)

Corrected for accuracy :dance: