Military Modelling

BUSTED!
I have seen various ploys to get verboten purchases into the man-cave/loft/shed.
Travelling back from a Trucks 'N'Tracks show at Folkestone many years back, one passenger was fitting multiple kits and accessories into one box. His domestic six must have given up as he now has his own production company....
At the local show in Letchworth I succumbed to the Bronco Horsa glider, plus a jeep and 75mm kit. Numerous jokes followed about sneaking it into the house under the radar, but one of the mafiosi found some sellotape and stuck a raffle ticket on the box! The ensuing joke was that, like the Colditz glider, it would be built in the loft, and never leave. It remains in the stash, sitting high on the heap in the loft.
I'm avoiding buying new kits till the building work is complete and I get my man-cave back, but succumbed to ordering a Daimler SOD from Jadlam yesterday. And I am wavering on getting a Humber Mk IV since finding images of a turretless one in service with the DAK....

Do you think your still coming on Saturday?
What scale is the Horsa glider?

Hi Robin,
Car is back and legal (£££), permission granted, so barring any misfortune I will be there bright and sparky.
You'll recognise me, I stand out from most modellers being old, overweight and a slap-head with a beard... Oh wait... I will have an A4 Envelope under my arm (and a copy of the Times...)
I'll attempt to be there 5 mins prior to kick-off, I remember a couple of parking spots we used when house-hunting if the pay & display have been taken.
The Bronco Horsa is 1/35th. A fellow Mafiosi from Cambs branch has built one into a diorama which I would like to have done, but where to put it? VERY large. Perhaps back to hanging it from the ceiling as with my childhood Airfix planes?
I also have 2 x Italeri/Airfix 1/72nd Horsas and a Waco to build (one day).

Off shortly for lunch on the seafront, but in the meantime, back to the brass origami for the Mirror Models C15TA. Wish I'd waited for the IBG kit.

Hi Robin,
Car is back and legal (£££), permission granted, so barring any misfortune I will be there bright and sparky.
You'll recognise me, I stand out from most modellers being old, overweight and a slap-head with a beard... Oh wait... I will have an A4 Envelope under my arm (and a copy of the Times...)
I'll attempt to be there 5 mins prior to kick-off, I remember a couple of parking spots we used when house-hunting if the pay & display have been taken.
The Bronco Horsa is 1/35th. A fellow Mafiosi from Cambs branch has built one into a diorama which I would like to have done, but where to put it? VERY large. Perhaps back to hanging it from the ceiling as with my childhood Airfix planes?
I also have 2 x Italeri/Airfix 1/72nd Horsas and a Waco to build (one day).

Off shortly for lunch on the seafront, but in the meantime, back to the brass origami for the Mirror Models C15TA. Wish I'd waited for the IBG kit.

1/35 Scale! What’s the wingspan it’ll be huge!
Look for a bald fat biker, with an RTR Badge on his back!

It is....

From
The Horsa was a large aircraft with a wingspan of 27 meters and a length of 20 meters, in 1/35 scale that equates to a wingspan of 77.14 centimeters and a length of 57.14 centimeters.

If someone pops a Hamilcar I'll probably get that as well.....

That's a far better recognition point than I can muster! (Unless I dug out one of my collection of camouflage jackets......)

It is....

From
The Horsa was a large aircraft with a wingspan of 27 meters and a length of 20 meters, in 1/35 scale that equates to a wingspan of 77.14 centimeters and a length of 57.14 centimeters.

If someone pops a Hamilcar I'll probably get that as well.....

That's a far better recognition point than I can muster! (Unless I dug out one of my collection of camouflage jackets......)

You're gonna need a bigger piano...

Evening gents,
I was wondering what your opinion is of this diorama base that I am making for my recently built Chieftain.
It's my first attempt at a diorama, so I want to try something basic at the moment. Rather than spending top dollar on materials, and me not liking the finished result.
My idea is simply to recreate a Chieftain tearing up a field in Saltau.
And now the poncing part of my post.
Can anyone send me an old rubber track from a kit that you may not have used them for
It doesn't have to be a chieftain rubber track. Literally any rubber track from any old kit will do.
It's so that I can make tank track impressions within the diorama base.
Much appreciated gents.
If anyone also has any advice, then please share it.

Attachments

• 20220527_171800.jpg
    20220527_171800.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20220527_171832.jpg
    20220527_171832.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
1/35 Scale! What’s the wingspan it’ll be huge!
Look for a bald fat biker, with an RTR Badge on his back!
Many thanks for the invite, I thoroughly enjoyed both the breakfast and the company.
Fried bread! Haven't had that in yonks, memories of 'assisting' in the cookhouse....The cabaret of the chap losing his dreadlocks for charity was also entertaining.
Also thanks for the guided tour of your dads and your models. It has confirmed that I should not attempt painting figures anymore!
Next time I'll try to find a R.Sigs T-shirt to wear....