Military Modelling

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
And back to modelling.

Ursus Major

War Hero
Something different - 1/144 scale American M60A3s...
The first time I have tried painting the MERDC camouflage on anything bigger than a 1/300 scale model.

It is not fun... =-(

I have about 20 various versions of M113s to do after this and then I won't be painting any more Americans. This lot took me 3 lunchtimes and most of saturday afternoon to do the camouflage pattern...

Test run on one to start with...
View attachment 664993View attachment 664994

Production line up and running - base coat
View attachment 664995

olive/brown drab...
View attachment 664996

Staring on the light sand bits...
View attachment 664997

Finished the camouflage. Tracks, weathering and stowage details next...
View attachment 664998View attachment 664999

Some light relief - I am back working on my wargame rules for the Cold War in the early 1980s. Here's the game table set up for the next playtest of the rules tonight. It's based on a bit of real estate just west of Minden... Google Maps/Google Earth come in very handy for getting the model battlefield to look right. :)
View attachment 665000
I think I rolled my LWB mit Trailer in 1984 at that middle crossroads, following me clocking Cloggie Leopard orange force panzers arriving at speed from the right..

Happy days.

just awaiting CWC from Leon and I think there may very well be a few orders coming in your direction.

Daz

LE

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
Oft, Sad to hear that was a cracking shop once they moved out of town and into the mill, What was the cause of it closing?
No idea, Mukker.
But if you look at the pics attached to Google maps one of them is bannered with Now Permanently Closed, so I'm guessing lack of business due to the internet.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Oft, Sad to hear that was a cracking shop once they moved out of town and into the mill, What was the cause of it closing?
On their website, they say their e-bay shop is still trading under the name "kitlady" Guess they did more on fleabay than anywhere else.

Sounds like one of the owners then, Really was a good shop split between railway and plastic stuff with really good selection and would order stuff in for you if not on the shelf.

Did someone a favour and got given these two for the help. I’m keeping the Marder 111, but does anyone like to buy the Tamiya Tiger l Late Model cheap £20.
16D05A7C-AC50-411D-AA04-36BBB42D1555.jpeg
9851BEBB-2401-4017-AC8F-9428C615BB04.jpeg
94496AC2-6B19-4939-8DB3-940729550D20.jpeg

ches

LE
Did someone a favour and got given these two for the help. I’m keeping the Marder 111, but does anyone like to buy the Tamiya Tiger l Late Model cheap £20.View attachment 665757View attachment 665758View attachment 665759

I'd have it, but i'd have to smuggle it in to the stash. I bought a cpl of things from MJR in Wigan via his FB page a couple of weeks ago & when the missus sussed the size of the stash of kits i was immediately banned from any more.

BUSTED!
I have seen various ploys to get verboten purchases into the man-cave/loft/shed.
Travelling back from a Trucks 'N'Tracks show at Folkestone many years back, one passenger was fitting multiple kits and accessories into one box. His domestic six must have given up as he now has his own production company....
At the local show in Letchworth I succumbed to the Bronco Horsa glider, plus a jeep and 75mm kit. Numerous jokes followed about sneaking it into the house under the radar, but one of the mafiosi found some sellotape and stuck a raffle ticket on the box! The ensuing joke was that, like the Colditz glider, it would be built in the loft, and never leave. It remains in the stash, sitting high on the heap in the loft.
I'm avoiding buying new kits till the building work is complete and I get my man-cave back, but succumbed to ordering a Daimler SOD from Jadlam yesterday. And I am wavering on getting a Humber Mk IV since finding images of a turretless one in service with the DAK....

Latest Threads