Military Modelling

Often good to not have then done too early otherwise you'll need a retread after 15 years or so.
Ack; I got the Left done in March this year as the "comic value" of it collapsing mid-stroll was wearing thin ... I was happy it stood up to the rigours of Bayon and Angkor [and Siem Reap and Phnom Penh] as well as it did.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
unsure if the ghostly faces on top of the helmet in the dust are an accident or not, amazing diorama.
Just one of those where the levels of action are 'right'. It successfully tells its story without seeming contrived. Add to that the levels of detail around the place, the locomotive's cab and so forth... yeah.

Daz

LE
All done apparently. Off his breasticles on morphine and checking out alternative hips on various medical websites.
Still off his tits BTW

The Sopwith triplane some progress is being made, but b*gg*r me it's tricky getting 3 wings to line up correctly and stay put while the epoxy sets (you need epoxy for the high load joints).. Next time I'm going to make a monoplane . Having said that I really enjoy working on this sort of model . Another set of wings and the undercarriage to go.
Fullscreen capture 09122021 144230.bmp.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Sopwith triplane some progress is being made, but b*gg*r me it's tricky getting 3 wings to line up correctly and stay put while the epoxy sets (you need epoxy for the high load joints).. Next time I'm going to make a monoplane . Having said that I really enjoy working on this sort of model . Another set of wings and the undercarriage to go.
View attachment 621396
Looking good though, always liked building balsa kits back in the day, they promptly repaid me by disintegrating on the maiden flight as a rule.

Looking good though, always liked building balsa kits back in the day, they promptly repaid me by disintegrating on the maiden flight as a rule.
The versions these days come with laser cut parts which is a great help and with modern glues they hold together far better too. Personally I'm finding them far more rewarding to make than the plastic kits I've tried recently. each to their own I suppose.

It's on it's way, I must stop looking at stuff with beer in hand
part1-jpeg.432928

Damn!
Until recently I had some screenshots of the photos of the Winged Hussars display group from Leeds Armouries - good studies.
If I get there again I'll have another look although there should be enough on t'internet.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Damn!
Until recently I had some screenshots of the photos of the Winged Hussars display group from Leeds Armouries - good studies.
If I get there again I'll have another look although there should be enough on t'internet.
You may have missed the whole set, when I posted it a week or so ago

Latest Threads