Military Modelling

Try Woodland Scenics for rock moulds. They have several with multiple rock formations. Cast in plaster. Moulds are rubber and work well. If you want rubble or different sizes just give the results of the moulding a fit tap and you'll have plenty of options.
Noch also.
If you want to make moulds yourself, several YouTube channels are informative. Start with Crafsman - Steadycraftin'.

For scenics in general:

Marklin of Sweden
Luke Towan
Luke's APS
Kathy Millatt

among others.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Must have made flying a single, three, or four engied aircraft much more exciting!

(I know, you mean twin engine types. Except the Do335)
Or the Me210/410, JU88, DO17 etc etc ....Me110 did have them on some, but not all versions

Something to mould small buildings or walls, craters, that kind of thing?
In my yoof I took a mould from the hexagonal pillbox in my Airfix gun emplacement. Dioramas hence always featured pillboxes…
Minitanks (or similar) used to sell vac formed sheets of tents and buildings, I don’t think that they worked out that you could just fill the sheet with plaster and make as many as you like.
Wheels, jerrycans etc pressed into plasticene then filled with body putty worked well if the back wasn’t going to be visible (nb 1:72 scale).
In later years I’ve modelled in epoxy putty then made moulds in cold cured rubber for casting epoxy resin penguins (Having a G10 store full off the appropriate materials helped…)
More recently cast pewter into laser cut MDF moulds - ØA has a medal for her Nobel Prize (fools year 7) and FIL has a Muttley Medal to go with his GSM.
Youtube is a rabbit hole…

As a born again apprentice modeller, I've been playing. Yesterday I drilled some various sized holes into a waste piece of flat sprue. I then (sceptically!) used a cocktail stick to fill said holes with cheap supermarket PVA glue. (After hearing the tales of 'window making' on some kits).

This morning I have lots of little clear windows!! It's magic I tell 'ee.

BUT, on the larger holes, say 4mm, there is a wee dip in the centre, like an old fashioned glass pane. Would dropping another dot of PVA cure this or is it not worth the effort?

Clunker

Old-Salt
fascinating.
The Hs 129 was designed around a single large "bathtub" of steel sheeting that made up the entire nose area of the plane, completely enclosing the pilot up to head level. Even the canopy was steel, with only tiny windows on the side to see out of and two angled blocks of glass for the windscreen.
To improve the armor's ability to deflect bullets, the fuselage sides were angled in, forming a triangular shape, resulting in almost no room to move at shoulder level. There was so little room in the cockpit that the instrument panel ended up under the nose below the windscreen where it was almost invisible; some of the engine instruments were moved outside onto the engine nacelles' inboard-facing surfaces and the gunsight was mounted outside on the nose.
Very Cosy. Would I be right to assume noone ever bailed out of one of these ?

I'd like to see a few images of them on display at the Lord Kitcheners Holiday centre, do they look after veterans and their families?
Yes mate, they have a FB page or just Google the place. Every summer there’s a regular line of Chelsea old boys up here.
Young serving family’s to Veterans stay, there’s Wheel chair access with a lift.
B+B or Full board. The Bar.
32DB9FD8-9F02-41E8-AC83-2F2D1CAA816D.jpeg

Daz

LE
13 months later, an update.....of sorts

For anyone who can't remember what the hell it is, it's the Academy 1-150 scale Type IXB U-Boat

Another 10 or 11 months might see it rubbed down and re undercoated, still it's quicker than a wokka build :)

20211206_211827_edited.jpg
20211206_211903_edited.jpg

13 months later, an update.....of sorts

For anyone who can't remember what the hell it is, it's the Academy 1-150 scale Type IXB U-Boat

Another 10 or 11 months might see it rubbed down and re undercoated, still it's quicker than a wokka build :)
If only Bremen and Hamburg had built them that slowly...

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
Just to let you know, Si's got his hip op in.....oh, 8 minutes from now

Daz

LE
For people who go to shows :)

243766539_2969768613340412_7575649937318850257_n.jpg

Latest Threads