Military Modelling

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
A genuine masterpiece

2-jpeg.432903

mike-myers-wayne-campbell.gif

amazing, camo decals, what next, Tartan paint?
I once approached the proprietor of a decal making company at an exhibition with such a suggestion.
He told me that, rather than tartan transfers, I needed a psychiatric nurse.
I pointed out that "Aha! I am one!", He grinned and said "I know'.
He'd recognised my voice, but still didn't add 1/76 tartan to his range.

Slime

LE
The cammo decals look ace.

I’ve just run a wetted finger over these figures so the pattern showed through the dust :)

When I painted these it took ages, and involved me laying real clothes on the floor, then copying the pattern onto the figures.
Using decals would have been much easier. :)

A59B40AD-9A4F-4EB0-8D7E-22313D3CEDF4.jpeg

1FD2050A-7C85-4D78-AB98-BA14AE0208EB.jpeg

I bought some Micro sol and Micto set today, as recommended earlier in the thread.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer

Ursus Major

War Hero
I once approached the proprietor of a decal making company at an exhibition with such a suggestion.
He told me that, rather than tartan transfers, I needed a psychiatric nurse.
I pointed out that "Aha! I am one!", He grinned and said "I know'.
He'd recognised my voice, but still didn't add 1/76 tartan to his range.
'ere you go...
Tartan decals

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I always said that Jocks were a tough lot. Not many folk can climb a vertical wall, holding a rifle and without his kilt even showing.... everything!
It does say landing order, clearly hadn't lowered his gear yet. I remember Dad doing a Hinchcliffe Black Watch figure he used an old fashioned nib pen to do the tartan, I've yet to get the courage to try tartan.

Not really military modelling per se, but I really got a kick out of these dioramas that a fan of the 1953 version of The War of the Worlds knocked together.
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Daz

LE
I think it qualifies. I doubt that even America would allow civilians to wield such firepower!
1968 was when they started to bring restrictions in on heavy weapons