Military Modelling

Some progress on the Sopwith Triplane, Most of the framework is complete and I've started on the tissue paper and dope stage.
Fullscreen capture 28112021 123041.bmp.jpg

Daz

LE
7th pic down is that a Bristol superfreighter @gunbrickie
As per the last reply by @fourteen2two
Add from the time be BEA

download.jpeg

I think this is the kit used Mikro-Mir - 144-014 - Armstrong-Whitworth Argosy (200 series) BEA Cargo

images.jpeg

Daz

LE
Summer seriously got in the way of tank time, as her indoors calls it. Made a lot (by my standards) of progress and the turret of my Tiger II is almost complete. What started as my first model in 25 years, is now my first in 26 I promise to start a very slow build thread next time, but for now, here she is.

Attachments

• 20211128_131834.jpg
    20211128_131834.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 20211128_131803.jpg
    20211128_131803.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 20211128_132115.jpg
    20211128_132115.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20211128_132131.jpg
    20211128_132131.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39

Daz

LE
Summer seriously got in the way of tank time, as her indoors calls it. Made a lot (by my standards) of progress and the turret of my Tiger II is almost complete. What started as my first model in 25 years, is now my first in 26 I promise to start a very slow build thread next time, but for now, here she is.
Only a year?? that's quick going by non - @SPROCKET321 arrsers standards :)

WhiteCrane

Old-Salt
that may well find a good home in your local aviation museum, how far are you from the RAF museum, There's one in Cosford, near Wolverhampton, nearest train station there is Albrighton, or there's one in London. Don't even consider the IWM, They tend to look down their noses at donors.
I use to go there regularly there, as well as NAM in Chelsea! The IWM is pretty stripped bare, apart from the WW1 display! The NAM was basically a coffee and gift shop! Though at the NAM at least they 'managed', in both senses of the word, to at least try to hide the fact that it was a small, squashed place! The IWM is so big that you can really tell it is a shell of a place!

Daz

LE
I've always found the support aircraft for 617 interesting subjects.
P.51 and the Mosquitos aside, has anyone details of the weather and camera Lancasters for the Tirpiz raids.
Just something to rattle the rivet counters with. ;)

lert

LE
For people with more money than sense, not to mention a very large piano, this little release might interest you

I mean, you say more money than sense. And at ~£350 for the kit and probably the same again on AM and references it's certainly not cheap. But that kit would take an average modeller a year or more I'd guess. Call it, what, a couple of quid an hour?

Put that way and it doesn't seem so bad. It's the lack of skill that stops me, not justifying it financially.

So, open question to the forum, how much is too much to spend? And what's the one purchase you've really tried to hide from Sunray?

Daz

LE
I mean, you say more money than sense. And at ~£350 for the kit and probably the same again on AM and references it's certainly not cheap. But that kit would take an average modeller a year or more I'd guess. Call it, what, a couple of quid an hour?

Put that way and it doesn't seem so bad. It's the lack of skill that stops me, not justifying it financially.

So, open question to the forum, how much is too much to spend? And what's the one purchase you've really tried to hide from Sunray?
More than a fiver in my case.....camera gear on the other hand :)