Military Modelling

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thanks for the find, but they will not fir. Am looking for circa 1943 SS Grenadiers, so oak leaf smock mit helmet cover, for that summer southern Russia/Ukrainian look.
How about these then? Both by Dragon models, available on fleabay.
R (2).jpeg

OIP (2).jpeg

I think the second ones, Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler, would suit your requirements.

Only just found this; if you still looking for panzer grenadiers, Hobby Boss produce two sets of same, titled volume 1 & volume 2.

when ever I see Gerries I think, poor sods, lets hope they get captured in one piece in Normandy and arn't transferred to Stalingrad. Still another three million to fall.

stuskimac

Old-Salt
when ever I see Gerries I think, poor sods, lets hope they get captured in one piece in Normandy and arn't transferred to Stalingrad. Still another three million to fall.
Except Stalingrad fell 15months before Feb43, personally I had zero sympathies for them, especially Waffen SS units, they believed they were superior & got what they deserved.

It's my birthday and SWMBO has bought me the Type 45 kit, bless her! So it's going away until after the op when I can use it to distract me from the pain!

She bought me the Airfix model. Now, it is a while since I made a kit - there was no PE last time! So what is the best/easiest/most suitable PE for me to use on this kit? I've Googled and found White Ensign, WEM and Atlantic kits available - are there others? I'd like to do it justice, but not to a 'rivet counter's' level.

I've been looking at that kit for a few weeks wondering should I? shouldn't I, there are a few tutorials on you tube showing it being built in detail, might be worth you checking that out before diving in, having watched one, it looks to fit together well, modern/latest Airfix are real contenders these days. Check out the kit before you buy AM stuff first, you might double up.

Except Stalingrad fell 15months before Feb43, personally I had zero sympathies for them, especially Waffen SS units, they believed they were superior & got what they deserved.
well the numbers prove they were superior, but point taken on SS units that were culpable for most of the war crimes in the field, it's the Wehrmacht I was thinking of, not SS.

Type 45 video might be of interest @SONAR-BENDER
I've seen that one thanks! I had to check to see if the SatComm covers were light green - he was right! I have no wish to criticise the model, but the accommodation ladder would not be down while underway and I think he failed to get the bow wave and general flow right. It must be very difficult to do. I think it would be better to have the ship at anchor with the RIB out playing! The PE does seem to make a big difference on things like railings, parts of the mast, helo rotors etc.

I may let you construct your version first, then do what I do best - copy!!

I expect I will one day, it's on my long range target list. But my next ships are going to be Liners, Titanic and then a very rusty, abandoned SS United States.
The Titanic has LED light kit, a first for me.
academy titanic box art.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps the modelling threads are no place for politics, but I prefer to think of this:

860px-hamburg_royal_air_force_bomber_command_1942-1945_c3677-612x640.jpg

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile, (bringing the thread neatly back on track) anybody received their 1/35 Airfix Austin "Katy" yet? I placed an advanced order with Jadlam, shelling out the £25.00 reservation fed and apart from my usual deliveries from them, I've only received an email in July informing that the price was going to be more than advertisec. The release date was supposed to be October 2021 and tempes is definitely fugiting!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads