IMG_10609test.jpg
IMG_10611test.jpg
IMG_10612test.jpg
IMG_10619test.jpg
IMG_10632test.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Finished the basic paintwork on my 1/144 scale FV432s today.

That's all of the vehicles for a 1:1 scale combat team ready for tac markings and weathering. However as I am having a few days off this coming weekend and I thought I'd get the bases made up for the models before finishing the painting. I can get this done at home and the bases will also give me something to hold when finishing off the weathering/mud/dust etc.

View attachment 576241View attachment 576242View attachment 576243
Soviet reinforcements are primed:

C2ACF39B-CCC1-4114-80DC-ABEA51FA8C54.jpeg

I thought that 1/144 would be less effort.

Turns out I was wrong!

Trick_Boom

Old-Salt
Why not have a go at it yourself? You'll get bags of advice and help here.
I'm (Green) interested in trying one of these airfix builds, something I can make on my table. The Spitfire airfix looks like a good starter.
Watcha think a good starter project?

Edit: Sorry, just noticed I have posted this into a live build thread. My apologies.

Last edited:

Daz

LE
I'm (Green) interested in trying one of these airfix builds, something I can make on my table. The Spitfire airfix looks like a good starter.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed I have posted this into a live build thread. My apologies.
This is the general thread, so your question is in the right place

I presume that the Spit in question is 1/72, if so, its a relatively quick and easy build, the Bf109 and FW190 are also worth a punt

The 109 being built on a tabletop

WP_20170225_004.jpg
WP_20170129_007.jpg
WP_20170211_002.jpg
WP_20170212_003.jpg
WP_20170212_004.jpg

dive right in, and share your build with us, as it's your first, don't expect a masterpiece, we won't.

This is the general thread, so your question is in the right place

I presume that the Spit in question is 1/72, if so, its a relatively quick and easy build, the Bf109 and FW190 are also worth a punt

The 109 being built on a tabletop

View attachment 610599View attachment 610600View attachment 610601View attachment 610602View attachment 610603
dive right in, and share your build with us, as it's your first, don't expect a masterpiece, we won't.
I don’t do much modelling these days (lack of motivation), but everything Daz and Sprocket says goes.
The only suggestion I’d make is stick to the Spitfire as a first go, the camouflage on German fuselages can look a slight intimidating at first.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
I don’t do much modelling these days (lack of motivation), but everything Daz and Sprocket says goes.
The only suggestion I’d make is stick to the Spitfire as a first go, the camouflage on German fuselages can look a slight intimidating at first.
The Airfix 109 is easier than the Spit, its mostly straight lines (the mottle can be skipped depending on markings) The spit has a lot of curves to be masked off

Daz

LE

Daz

LE

ches

LE

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My latest project (long term build)

View attachment 609367

Now looking for some decent mid war SS grenadiers to go with it in the Diorama base.
Only just found this; if you still looking for panzer grenadiers, Hobby Boss produce two sets of same, titled volume 1 & volume 2.
619qBlGNU4L._AC_SX450_.jpg

s-l400.jpg

They are very well sculpted, four figures in each box with a good selection of weaponry and accessories.When I bought them in August this year, they retailed for £12.99 each from flea-bay.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
Only just found this; if you still looking for panzer grenadiers, Hobby Boss produce two sets of same, titled volume 1 & volume 2.
View attachment 610977
View attachment 610978
They are very well sculpted, four figures in each box with a good selection of weaponry and accessories.When I bought them in August this year, they retailed for £12.99 each from flea-bay.
Thanks for the find, but they will not fir. Am looking for circa 1943 SS Grenadiers, so oak leaf smock mit helmet cover, for that summer southern Russia/Ukrainian look.

Latest Threads