Military Modelling

I shot MLRS GW1 on my sony camcorder, Kate Adie's editor at the forward transmission site cut my images for the news with her voice cutting into the pauses between the rockets firing with a description of the munitions being fired, she was very professional.

so are you the lad she was shagging (allegedly)?

Stupid question, this muzzle brake was part of a Marder film prop, Band of Brothers apparently. Anyway anyone got an incling what it might be off?
463BFBD5-6FC8-48A9-8131-52DD696CC373.jpeg

This came up on one of the FB modelling pages I follow. Stunning in a Wokka kind of way.View attachment 590344View attachment 590345View attachment 590346View attachment 590347

I think that was built by a boxhead called Oliver - anyway you will find it on Large Scale Planes.

The figures are excellent and there is a thread dedicated to the build and painting of them as well as the Nighthawk build. If its not Oliver, you should check his builds out - he focuses on Helis. I was on with the Wokka at the same time as he was on with a Blackhawk. He's got a Fly Wessex on the go as well - the builds take years but they are quality. Nearly as good as the Wokka in point of fact. I did finish the interior. Mostly.

I think that was built by a boxhead called Oliver - anyway you will find it on Large Scale Planes.

The figures are excellent and there is a thread dedicated to the build and painting of them as well as the Nighthawk build. If its not Oliver, you should check his builds out - he focuses on Helis. I was on with the Wokka at the same time as he was on with a Blackhawk. He's got a Fly Wessex on the go as well - the builds take years but they are quality. Nearly as good as the Wokka in point of fact. I did finish the interior. Mostly.
His animation of the figures is superb, the SF with the beard in the door and the ParaJumper astonishing!

Adepta Sororitas (space nuns) update...

The models are all painted - just the bases to do now.

This is the boss. I used a wash of blue acrylic ink under the white hair and some Souxie Soux style make up to try and make her look a bit different.
sor20.jpg

The Religeous "commisar". Ensures that Heretics get what is coming to them.The book is a training manual on how to identify and kill Heretics... probably...
sor21.jpg

The medic (Hospitaller). I belive they wear traditional nurses uniforms (black stockings etc) under the power armour... ;-)

Oh, and there is a legend that a space shuttle full of them are on their way from Terra for a disco..
sor22.jpg

The Head Shed complete...
sor24.jpg

One Heavy weapon section, two bolter sections and the command group...
sor23.jpg

Really quite pleased with the faces and hair, having never painted ladies before. It was actually quite a challenge but fun at the same time.
sor25.jpg

Just waiting to go and kick some Heretic ass...
sor26.jpg

As for the bases - I'm thinking some sand for texture, dry brushed with a dirt colour and with a red ink wash for a suitable "Mars" terrain. Maybe a few tufts of dry grass for the desert feel.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bloody good work there mate.

Latest Threads