Military Modelling

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Ficht mein alte stieffeln, are those Spartan MCT in the middle? I still have nightmares about those bloody things.

I imagine at 1/144 scale they are only marginally less accessible to work on than the real thing
They are, I remember the way the missile carriers used to wobble about!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Some excellent work there BB! How do you manage to focus on something that small? I have enough problems with 1/35 scale!
I have a BFO magnifier and reading glasses!

First time she’s seen most of it in all its glory……

E838DCD8-6062-415D-B3D9-BF9A5052815C.jpeg

991397C8-2F40-43F9-90CE-A28B2A7D3CEF.jpeg

Still got some more to go through……

can’t find the Cromwell box anywhere!

at this rate, I’ll be 400 years old by the time I’ve built this lot. 3 weeks work for @SPROCKET321!

Daz

LE

I'm now sorting them out:

WW2 fixed wing (US, British & German) sub categries of fighter, light/medium bomber and heavy bomber!
Cold War (British)
Modern fast Air (US and British)
Helos

Armour should be entertaining!

I shudder to think how much there is here and where the F is that Cromwell?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You're just trying to make me feel better....

I can not believe how much i've amassed. I've got more British Armour than the British Army. I'll never build it all in a million years. I do two kits a year at best.

Daz

LE
I can not believe how much i've amassed. I've got more British Armour than the British Army. I'll never build it all in a million years. I start two kits a year at best.
:)

I'm doing pretty well with the 2 Challys and the Mat has come along pretty well. I should have primer on the first Chally tomorrow. OK - so the Wokka has gone slow again....

Kirkz

LE
and she got to see the stash too?

found it. Well actually she found it. In her clothes draw in the spare room. Feck knows why it was there. She tries to tidy me into non existence from time to time, like there is no sign of male life in the house.

anyway

845D1AB7-BC11-4A73-8039-C9E7D3EE94E7.jpeg

I was after these. They cost a small fortune and as I was soldering, I thought I may as well do them while I’m on.

found it. Well actually she found it. In her clothes draw in the spare room. Feck knows why it was there. She tries to tidy me into non existence from time to time, like there is no sign of male life in the house.

you need a little man cave, with a padlock on it.

Do like the spread of subjects in your stash, is that Matchbox Puma on the top the 1/32nd scale one? Made that in 82 as a result of my Platoon doing Heli drills.
The front canopy fit vexed me at the time.
helicopter ex b.jpg

Last edited:
you need a little man cave, with a padlock on it.

Do like the spread of subjects in your stash, is that Matchbox Puma on the top the 1/32nd scale one? Made that in 82 as a result of my Platoon doing Heli drills.
The front canopy fit vexed me at the time.
View attachment 572701

It is. Its one I really want to do - and the Fly Wessex

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I suppose AI can she where she’s coming from when she whinges about the models

B821E3A3-D844-433F-B9D2-307B90CCD978.jpeg

Latest Threads