Military Modelling

Thinking of a future project, I was inspired by the footage shot by US combat cameramen of the Kamikaze planes as they crash short of their target. The flak gunners pouring it out, a barrage of shells the Kamikaze pilot had to fly though to reach it's target. Some of the aircraft made it, but far more were shot to pieces and crashed into the sea. I was thinking of a 1/32 scale Zero or Ki43 with it's wingtip carving a furrow in the water just as it crashes, shot full of holes, ribs and stringers exposed, panels blown off, pilot passed out through blood loss, quite a lot of scratch building, and realistic water. or even one disintegrating just as it hits the water, even more work needed.

now for a reasonable priced 1/32 or 1/25th scale kit.

lert

LE
Thinking of a future project, I was inspired by the footage shot by US combat cameramen of the Kamikaze planes as they crash short of their target. The flak gunners pouring it out, a barrage of shells the Kamikaze pilot had to fly though to reach it's target. Some of the aircraft made it, but far more were shot to pieces and crashed into the sea. I was thinking of a 1/32 scale Zero or Ki43 with it's wingtip carving a furrow in the water just as it crashes, shot full of holes, ribs and stringers exposed, panels blown off, pilot passed out through blood loss, quite a lot of scratch building, and realistic water. or even one disintegrating just as it hits the water, even more work needed.

Ooh I'd look in to see that finished. Wednesday or Thursday?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

If you want to go the figure route, Youngs (I think) do an amazing Kamikaze bust. Will look it up later if you want.

So here’s a question. JU88 or HE111? 1/32 of course

Daz

LE
So here’s a question. JU88 or HE111? 1/32 of course
Considering I tried brushing my teeth with veet hair removal cream* this morning, might I suggest a larger scale, say about 1/12

*Same shape as a toothpaste tube, tastes bloody awful

Kirkz

LE
Considering I tried brushing my teeth with veet hair removal cream* this morning, might I suggest a larger scale, say about 1/12

*Same shape as a toothpaste tube, tastes bloody awful
You want a 1/12 scale tube of veet?

Kirkz

LE
Talk to HMS2 on YouTube; he makes 1/12 (I presume - he makes accessories for dolls' houses) miniature sauce bottles, loaves of bread, etc.
Tell Daz not me, I don't do modeling.
I collect skulls and records.

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
On my FB Marketplace, there’s a bloke sell a number of Airfix 1/24 unopened Aircraft, namely 109 E, Hurricane Mk1, P51D.
He wants £65 for the Hurricane, is the kit any good.

Latest Threads