Military Modelling

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Here's an interesting idea for a 'different' diorama! It's in the Red Sea, hence the visibility! There is an equal opportunity in the UK at Studland Bay, where 7 Valentine tanks ended up in the water, however the visibility won't be the same! Means you could get away with murder on the detail though!

View attachment 554325
And I thought our Ruperts couldn't read maps!

On tomorrow

Spitfire 85
Friday 5th March at 7pm GMT - LIVE LECTURE & Q&A
Join Paul Beaver tomorrow night for our LIVE Lockdown Lecture & Q&A to mark the 85th anniversary of the first flight of the Spitfire’s prototype, the Type 300. Huge thanks to Tangmere Military Aviation Museum for allowing us to film their beautiful Type 300 replica. Enjoy the chance to have a look around the cockpit and find out more about this iconic aircraft and its maiden flight on the 5th March 1936.

Click here to watch the lecture

FOR BEST VIEWING RESULTS USE GOOGLE CHROME
If you can't make this time, the lecture will be available to watch right after the event.

Get ready to ask your questions and look forward to you joining us.

Best wishes

The Lockdown Lecture Team
at The Army Flying Museum
'Lockdown L

Well it’s finally bloody arrived. I’ve really enjoyed the channel dash thread and found myself ordering this.

complete with ARRSE coke can scale test so you can see how big it is, and all the way from France as I couldn’t get one in the U.K.

8F80B9E0-0557-4D3C-8ED8-4485572E069F.jpeg

Well it’s finally bloody arrived. I’ve really enjoyed the channel dash thread and found myself ordering this.

Excellent Choice, such a iconic piece of kit, flown by the most heroic British Aviators. I must slow down my building so I can read such threads as the channel dash one, didn't even know it was there.

Daz

LE
Excellent Choice, such a iconic piece of kit, flown by the most heroic British Aviators. I must slow down my building so I can read such threads as the channel dash one, didn't even know it was there.
Just skip past anything by PhotEx

complete with ARRSE coke can scale test so you can see how big it is, and all the way from France as I couldn’t get one in the U.K.

View attachment 554671
Must stress I don’t know who made this, but a friend of mine posted this on a Modelling page.
Did a smashing job, but he’s built it with extended undercarriage, I’m also pretty sure they it wouldn’t have launched loaded for bear. Would it have got off the ground?
A952FE42-9C04-48E0-8DDC-E4028D70E2B2.jpg
47A95EBF-FD97-4D92-8360-EC219EC2D359.jpeg
C8C32EC3-67F1-4CE5-ADBE-6735D9565B6A.jpeg

Its a great thread - a must read. Some very knowledgeable people contributing.

Must stress I don’t know who made this, but a friend of mine posted this on a Modelling page.
Did a smashing job, but he’s built it with extended undercarriage, I’m also pretty sure they it wouldn’t have launched loaded for bear. Would it have got off the ground?View attachment 554699View attachment 554700View attachment 554701
having read war in a string bag, I'm not sure that both loads would be carried, they are completely different missions and attack profiles, one low level at wave top height and the other high level air to ship. Might be wrong, targets of opportunity on the way back to the ship, but I don't think their missions were random.

edit to add, that aside, what a beautiful model.

having read war in a string bag, I'm not sure that both loads would be carried, they are completely different missions and attack profiles, one low level at wave top height and the other high level air to ship. Might be wrong, targets of opportunity on the way back to the ship, but I don't think their missions were random.

I just need to finish these two bloody things and I can move onto something else.....

816D7188-D90A-4E79-B647-B22CACFF47AF.jpeg

Are you going to post one of yours then?
If I could build up the motivation to leave ARRSE I would!

I'm an armchair expert, you know!

Agreed there, it’s loaded for bear! The rockets and depth charges(bombs), I would expect were for Anti Submarine work and would want lots of fuel for loitering over a convoy. An effing great torpedo wouldn’t help with that!
But as you say superb model.

Daz

LE

Latest Threads