Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Continuing the theme, here are some 'armoured cars' (as they have wheels, silly) carrying a schutzenfest tent for the NATO School Summer Ball in Oberammergau before going to Weingarten to masquerade as SS20 launchers.

millies.jpg

Talk about flexibility....

Daz

LE
2puy56e7nti61.jpg

oddly enough, you have a tank there, even though it breaks all the tank rules by having it's main armament in the hull and it's secondary armament, a 37mm, in a fully rotating turret.

go on, show us yer Kit.
That's long gone have a 40K support 'tank' as alternative.
trojan.jpg

LARD

LE
Continuing the theme, here are some 'armoured cars' (as they have wheels, silly) carrying a schutzenfest tent for the NATO School Summer Ball in Oberammergau before going to Weingarten to masquerade as SS20 launchers.

View attachment 551700

Talk about flexibility....
Good to see an Eager Beaver in the column. Remember trying to off-load a couple of them without ramps at night in a field Germany. Tailboards were too short but we tried - catapulted me off the ruddy thing. My how we laughed!

Boxy

GCM
Whereas 15/19H, who for much of the Cold War were a Recce regiment (including 70s-80s at the same time as 9/12L), the grown-ups (I spent most of my time either in Command Troop or FHQ) referred to 3-car, 4-car and 8-car (close recce) troops of CVR(T) despite having just converted from tanks.
We called our Scorpions cars as well, they had a boot and bonnet...

Scots DG early to mid ‘80s

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Good to see an Eager Beaver in the column. Remember trying to off-load a couple of them without ramps at night in a field Germany. Tailboards were too short but we tried - catapulted me off the ruddy thing. My how we laughed!
Spex is that you?

Daz

LE

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
We call our Scorpions cars as well, they had a boot and bonnet...

Scots DG early to mid ‘80s
Times change; when I was Q Guns with them, Scimitars were known as baby panzers :D

Of course nowadays they'd probably rub themselves in broken glass for the opportunity to be equipped with CVR(T)....

Last edited:
Well, the rivets on the Airfix Grant would be larger, not to mention the gun barrels would be even more out of scale :)
And (at the time) there'd be glue fingerprints on the turret which wouldnt turn as the tabs were too narrow to allow it to slide round the ring.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Times change; sheen I was Q Guns with them, Scimitars were known as baby panzers :D

Of course nowadays they'd probably rub themselves in broken glass for the opportunity to be equipped with CVR(T)....
Gummi Panzer!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Finally finished a figure started in 2015. There was no box, but a quick glance through Google told me I had a 120mm model of a 10th Century Viking Jarl (Nobleman). I've tried to depict him wearing Leather plate "armour" over a long chain mail shirt. The age of the Vikings was from 600AD to 1100AD.. The warlike Vikings discovered many "new" land's including America. The old image of the Vikings warrior with his horned helmet, double-headed axe and screaming woman over his shoulder are, in the main, fictitious. There was never enough room on the longship for extra bodies, loot was deemed more important.
Anyway, here you go.....
IMG_20210222_220347.jpg

IMG_20210222_220401.jpg

IMG_20210222_220421.jpg
IMG_20210222_220412.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Finally finished a figure started in 2015. There was no box, but a quick glance through Google told me I had a 120mm model of a 10th Century Viking Jarl (Nobleman). I've tried to depict him wearing Leather plate "armour" over a long chain mail shirt. The age of the Vikings was from 600AD to 1100AD.. The warlike Vikings discovered many "new" land's including America. The old image of the Vikings warrior with his horned helmet, double-headed axe and screaming woman over his shoulder are, in the main, fictitious. There was never enough room on the longship for extra bodies, loot was deemed more important.
Anyway, here you go.....
View attachment 551829
View attachment 551830
View attachment 551831View attachment 551839
Looks very well mate

Anyway, here you go.....
View attachment 551829
View attachment 551830
View attachment 551831View attachment 551839
Excellent work there mate.
Out of interest is it brush or airbrush?