Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm very interested in that kit. The first tank down the ramp in GW1, A great moment, as the worlds press were anticipating something modern and hi tech. It was like the old British Army sticking two fingers up at the push button world.
Did it make it off the ramp?

I would do with with aircraft and ground kit if it was in the same scale - not much mind you but it would be nice to see them together.

I do plan to do a Pinz and a 109 with the Wokka but I have no idea where I will put the dio as it’s going to be big. If I do get to do the Mert, that will go to headley Court.

running out of space on her piano.

View attachment 541717

edit-martin-brody-jaws.jpg

I think you're going to need a bigger piano...

Why do I do this to myself? Another teeny tiny kit and this one has no locating pins and only the vaguest of instructions. oh well , so far so good , not perfect, but the mess inside the cockpit is impossible to see, so , no worries . Keeps me out of mischief I suppose .

Fullscreen capture 22012021 154008.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 22012021 154025.bmp.jpg

ches

LE
Why do I do this to myself? Another teeny tiny kit and this one has no locating pins and only the vaguest of instructions. oh well , so far so good , not perfect, but the mess inside the cockpit is impossible to see, so , no worries . Keeps me out of mischief I suppose .

View attachment 541848View attachment 541849

Yeah but its a lovely looking plane. Always thought they looked like proper scrappers. Sidling up to big Ju88 or a Heinkel & kicking it in the shins before legging it away giggling shouting feck off fatty. Then come screaming back swinging fists left & right like a mentalist.

ches

LE
Done nowt on the Wokka today as I’ve just finished work and I’m knackered, but this turned up

View attachment 541718
washed flag today in case you wondered. Bet the neighbours are delighted I’ve taken it down.....

Bloody loverly, I've always sported a semi to make this one day.

Daz

LE
ehem... my theory...
Which was bollocks, but we were to kind to mention it at the time............the same theory apparently explains trains as well, same that Idea is borked due to different standards across the world :) *

* And don't even go there with the loading gauge, one of the reasons why our current rings were so bloody small at the start of WW2 was due to the assistance that UK AFV's had to account for UK rails loading gauge where they were based, as opposed to continental loading gauge where the bloody things were going to be used - nobody thought to check the rail network between the barracks/manufacturers and the embarcation ports prior to WW2 to ensure the routing needed to move the AFV's to the ports would work with outsize loads, twats

Daz

LE

Kirkz

LE
There are some really helpful and generous folk on this thread.
You know who you are :mrgreen:

Which was bollocks, but we were to kind to mention it at the time............the same theory apparently explains trains as well, same that Idea is borked due to different standards across the world :) *
Hence my writing that it was ‘probably bolleaux‘ at the end, although it was in a rather small font... ;)

* And don't even go there with the loading gauge, one of the reasons why our current rings were so bloody small at the start of WW2 was due to the assistance that UK AFV's had to account for UK rails loading gauge where they were based, as opposed to continental loading gauge where the bloody things were going to be used - nobody thought to check the rail network between the barracks/manufacturers and the embarcation ports prior to WW2 to ensure the routing needed to move the AFV's to the ports would work with outsize loads, twats
One - Great Central? - was to Continental standards.

Daz

LE
One - Great Central? - was to Continental standards.
With careful routing, there was a fair number of routes that could be used it turned out as while the routes were notionally UK specs, the clearness were to Continental loading gauge standards - like I said, a bit of planning works wonders

Daz

LE
Hence my writing that it was ‘probably bolleaux‘ at the end, although it was in a rather small font... ;)
See Avatar for details :)

Daz

LE

Daz

LE

Latest Threads