Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

PFGEN

GCM
Potentially opening a can of worms here but here goes; I have a Harder and Steenbeck Evolution 2 in 1 Airbrush and my 0.4mm set no longer works.
I'm usually very careful and dilligent when cleaning my airbrush, but I can see that paint is starting to form up on the inside of the body, so I've ordered a ultra sonic bath cleaner. Now I know that some modelers are dead set against using sonic baths to deep clean their airbrushes but that other guys swear by them and will regularly use them.
I want to try the sonic bath but I want to know what solution I should use. Probably a 50/50 mix with water. Obviously when I strip the airbrush down I will not be putting the delicate part that the air flows though anywhere near the bath.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated gents.
Thanks.

I have the same airbrush and I think a few others on here have mentioned owning one. In my experience I found that sluicing airbrush cleaner through it left a lot of paint behind. I ended up field stripping it after every use. That can become (and is, if I'm honest) rather tedious but after practice I have it down to 5 minutes. At least it's clean every time.

I had the same issues with an earlier Revel brush (re-badged Badger I think). I do find that it's easier to clean the H&S brush. Cleaning kit is a couple of small brushes, disassembly tool, cotton buds and airbrush cleaner.

reccy.jpg

3D printed 40K Atlas Recovery vehicle.

I've another printed out in bits that I'm going to experiment with SMD LEDs and add spot lights on the crane arm and a flashing yellow LED where the mattock is on this one.

Only problem with this version is that the tracks lack covers so I cant dangle stores over the side, pretty sure the Imperial Army will have slabs of beer as an in house currency :)

Disc next to the drivers hatch is a magnet that I didnt notice stuck on the pintel mounting magnet (they like that type of thing) and similar to the one of the pair visible on the front hull for the dozer blade.

Cruizing the wide eyed web this morning I happed across this and was thinking what modelling applications it could be used for, never having seen anything like it before.
Anyone got one or seen it used by a modeller before? I imagine those who are modelling for business might find a use:

Amazon knock them out for £300 sheets and there'll be the inevitable Chinese rip offs that blind all your children and dogs...

These plastic kits are definitely addictive. being a fool to myself I've gone for 1/72 scale again . I decided to try a flying thing this time and as I live in Spain at the moment I looked for something Spanish and found this.
Fullscreen capture 21012021 152507.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 21012021 152529.bmp.jpg
Fullscreen capture 21012021 152518.bmp.jpg

A Polkarpov I16 a lot shorted and more of a barrel than the Gladiator, which I imagine would have totally outclassed it. View attachment 541558

Not necessarily, and by the way, that photo is of a I-15bis. Apparently the rate of turn on the Polikarpov I-15s and I-16s was eye-watering, and they were (in typical Soviet tractor factory fashion) very rugged. There are certainly stories of the I-16 monoplane chewing the tail surfaces of Luftwaffe bombers with its prop, to no detriment of the Poli. The I-15 also had similar armament to the Gladiator (4 x MGs), although it was about 10% slower.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, and by the way, that photo is of a I-15bis. Apparently the rate of turn on the Polikarpov was eye-watering, and they were (in typical Soviet tractor factory fashion) very rugged. There are certainly stories of the I-16 monoplane chewing the tail surfaces of Luftwaffe bombers with its prop, to no detriment of the Poli. It also had similar armament to the Gladiator (4 x MGs), although it was about 10% slower.
Sorry my mistake the model is of an I-15 like the one in the picture , but in Spanish republican service. Not an I-16 as I said.

Sorry my mistake the model is of an I-15 like the one in the picture , but in Spanish republican service. Not an I-16 as I said.

No matter, and good luck with building the wee beastie. I had a 1/72 Revell I-16 many, many moons ago, which was a great little model.

Last edited:

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
1/35 scale, not 1/32

1/32 scale, loads of A/M parts if that floats your boat, plus pilots etc. 1/35 is .........not an aircraft scale
Then there's the cunning idea of "clear parts", it was a stupid idea 50 years ago when Tamiya did it, its still a bloody stupid idea now.

Oh, and its a G6, the default offering for just about every kit maker who releases a Bf109G.... FFS, if they're going to release an oddball scale, try something that's not released by every kit maker out there, G14 AS would of been interesting/tempting, this, despite being a 109 fan, leave me going meeeeeeeerhhhhh

Last edited:

Latest Threads