Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

The sprue also has a couple of lewis guns (I think) so I'm guessing that there's an SAS version out there.

More likely Vickers K guns.

is that rack on the bonnet an airborne modification?
There are options for:
a normal jeep hood rails down
a normal jeep hood up
an airborne jeep with spare wheel in the front bumper and a rack on bonnet and Airfix also include a loading airborne pallet.
There's also a nice trailer and a nice towed lightweight gun.
As @tutankhamun said there are also twin vickers K (or Lewis) but no mention of them in the instructions.

Daz

LE
There are options for:
a normal jeep hood rails down
a normal jeep hood up
an airborne jeep with spare wheel in the front bumper and a rack on bonnet and Airfix also include a loading airborne pallet.
There's also a nice trailer and a nice towed lightweight gun.
As @tutankhamun said there are also twin vickers K (or Lewis) but no mention of them in the instructions.
And not a holdover from the previous version as they are not on the parts list
Airfix_Jeep_01322_inst_pg1.jpg

And not a holdover from the previous version as they are not on the parts list View attachment 540008
As you say that's not the sprue pattern for the jeep I have, although it is similar. I'm fairly sure that they intend to put out an SAS desert version sometime. looking at the left over parts I can see a mount that would work for the two machine guns and a hole in the spare bonnet (passenger's side) that would take it.

Decided to build the trailer too, filled it with any left over bits I could find. Definitely finished now as I completely messed up the howitzer .
Fullscreen capture 17012021 103104.bmp.jpg

very little to criticize there without being picky, I like that your jerrycans are all different, the only omission is the diorama groundwork, and that doesn't need to be anything but sand, but it would place it in context, but the tires would need sand on them. The drivers visor would be open as the commander is up. Apart from that cracking effort I'd say.
Cheers bud.

Potentially opening a can of worms here but here goes; I have a Harder and Steenbeck Evolution 2 in 1 Airbrush and my 0.4mm set no longer works.
I'm usually very careful and dilligent when cleaning my airbrush, but I can see that paint is starting to form up on the inside of the body, so I've ordered a ultra sonic bath cleaner. Now I know that some modelers are dead set against using sonic baths to deep clean their airbrushes but that other guys swear by them and will regularly use them.
I want to try the sonic bath but I want to know what solution I should use. Probably a 50/50 mix with water. Obviously when I strip the airbrush down I will not be putting the delicate part that the air flows though anywhere near the bath.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated gents.
Thanks.

Dads203

Old-Salt
Best way is to get a plastic container that will hold the airbrush bits, not too big though so it fits into the ultrasonic bath, fill the bath with water and then fill the plastic container with some airbrush cleaner, id use some IPA - iso propanol alcohol and then pop it on. Just enough water in the bath section to come up to about half way on the container holding the AB bits.

Best way is to get a plastic container that will hold the airbrush bits, not too big though so it fits into the ultrasonic bath, fill the bath with water and then fill the plastic container with some airbrush cleaner, id use some IPA - iso propanol alcohol and then pop it on. Just enough water in the bath section to come up to about half way on the container holding the AB bits.
Thanks bud. Great advice.

Dads203

Old-Salt
Don‘t pop anything remotely flammable into the ultrasonic cleaner, you’ll probably know that anyway but the method I described works well, I’ve had no issues doing it with the above and it does clean out lots of old crud That normal cleaning doesn’t.

Daz

LE
Potentially opening a can of worms here but here goes; I have a Harder and Steenbeck Evolution 2 in 1 Airbrush and my 0.4mm set no longer works.
I'm usually very careful and dilligent when cleaning my airbrush, but I can see that paint is starting to form up on the inside of the body, so I've ordered a ultra sonic bath cleaner. Now I know that some modelers are dead set against using sonic baths to deep clean their airbrushes but that other guys swear by them and will regularly use them.
I want to try the sonic bath but I want to know what solution I should use. Probably a 50/50 mix with water. Obviously when I strip the airbrush down I will not be putting the delicate part that the air flows though anywhere near the bath.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated gents.
Thanks.
Have you tried running neat cleaner though it, but back blasting it first*

*Thumb over the tip guard to form a seal so it forces the cleaning back into the container and body

Latest Threads