Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
At the back is the 1/35 Tamiya jeep I finished recently. it had lots of (what I thought at the time) very small bits and bobs. Well, yesterday my brother sent me this Airfix 1/72 jeep kit. As you can see "very small parts " isn't close to describing the thing. I think I must have done something to really upset him :confused:
View attachment 539436
If when he shuffles off this mortal coil and he goes not to heaven but the other place, @Daz will be given one of these and a pair of mittens.

Daz

LE
If when he shuffles off this mortal coil and he goes not to heaven but the other place, @Daz will be given one of these and a pair of mittens.
Too late, I've already got that kit in the stash :)

Daz

LE
Well these turned up today

7A3BD266-9F14-4D6F-963C-B5D010EA681A.jpeg

And the little lands for the North Africa build

8E47FE53-B152-4B21-BCDB-E450AA4E32DA.jpeg

next step is to make some little mannequins out of them to base sculpted figures on

Well these turned up today

View attachment 539582
And the little lands for the North Africa build

View attachment 539584
next step is to make some little mannequins out of them to base sculpted figures on
are the figures any good, not very action packed poses are they, they look like they're waiting to be picked up from the beach at Dunkirk. So will you show us the sculpting process, sounds interesting.

are the figures any good, not very action packed poses are they, they look like they're waiting to be picked up from the beach at Dunkirk. So will you show us the sculpting process, sounds interesting.
Figures are very old but I’m after them as mannequins - they will be chopped up. They were cheap as chips.

ive got some more coming so I can completely redo the gunners on the Matt.

Not sure how I will get one but we will see. Quite looking forward to having a go. I should be able to do these at the same time as the Wokka. That’s the plan anyway

Last edited:
Having managed to snap the handle off the top of the commander's hatch on my Tiger, I just managed to fashion one from wire. Not much for most on here, but I'm chuffed to bits. Wife did not show the necessary enthusiasm, which is why I'm posting
20210116_164659.jpg

The 1/72 scale Airfix is jeep now finished, might do the trailer next , might not . Did I mention that it's quite small? :oops:

View attachment 539764
Halfway through that one and it really is tiny! It's as though Airfix had a 1/35 kit and just scaled it all down but it really does look the part.
Airfix have really turned a corner. Not kiddy kits and quite a challenge to put together but the fit has been very good.

Last edited:

Daz

LE

Latest Threads