Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Daz

LE
Yep, no worries. Those are the Austrian infantry painted as Wurzurgers. I've also got the same figures on the go as Bavarian and Trier infantry. I've also just painted a ton of Prussians as Wurttembergers, so should be able to photograph those at the end of next week (when I get back to work and have a decent desk lamp). :)

PM sent

Or Sunday afternoon as @SPROCKET321 calls it :)

...and on Monday his German neighbour will have to stop building this...

...and buy one of these instead...

;)

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

;)
We want eight and we won't wait!

Help please chaps if possible - we have a couple of assembled plastic monster models to repaint for a wargaming mate.

Unfortunately they have already been painted (very badly) in what appears to be a mix of enamel and poster paint...

Any suggestions as to what will remove (or at least soften) the paint without melting the plastic?

I seem to recall some cleaning agents will do the trick but I can't remember any names.

TIA

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Help please chaps if possible - we have a couple of assembled plastic monster models to repaint for a wargaming mate.

Unfortunately they have already been painted (very badly) in what appears to be a mix of enamel and poster paint...

Any suggestions as to what will remove (or at least soften) the paint without melting the plastic?

I seem to recall some cleaning agents will do the trick but I can't remember any names.

TIA
Dettol original formula

I am currently re doing the napoleonic Wurttemberg army, converting from old minifigs 15mm from the days of my youth to Old Glory 15mm (ie 18mm). Already have the Westphalian, Saxon, Berg, Bavarian and Baden armies done as per their orbats 1809 (in 1:66 ratio so 2 figures per coy/sqn) and I have taken the liberty of recalling the regiments in Spain. I will have lay out the respective armies and post some phots one day.

The aim is to recreate all the various contingents of the Confederation of the Rhine in their uniforms in late spring/summer of 1809 notwithstanding they were never ever together in one battle.

It keeps me off the streets at night I suppose!
Nice! I had loads of 15mm Minifigs Wurttembergers and converted to AB Figures:

Nice! I had loads of 15mm Minifigs Wurttembergers and converted to AB Figures:

Carlsberg don't make 15mm figures...but if they did...

Beautiful work.

I have a few AB figures but never had the time or money to replace all my older figures. My collection is rather rag tag motley bunch of different makes...

Carlsberg don't make 15mm figures...but if they did...

Beautiful work.

I have a few AB figures but never had the time or money to replace all my older figures. My collection is rather rag tag motley bunch of different makes...
Cheers! Working on the AB Figures trade-stand helped a lot... ;)

I did these in 1999 for the first of a series of AB Figures Wargames Weekends. The first one was the Battle of Eggmuhl 1809 and Tony Barton sculpted the Wurttembergers especially for that game and I painted them. But of course, they were on the receiving end of a heavy dose of 'First Game Curse'... :(

Dettol original formula
Excellent... we just happen to have a bottle of the stuff at work :)

Many thanks :thumleft:
Wot @Helm said. It's worked for me a couple of times now. Put it in a plastic bag and leave overnight, then use a soft toothbrush and/or soft paintbrush to remove the detritus. It is a messy and smelly business, mind.

Cheers! Working on the AB Figures trade-stand helped a lot... ;)

I did these in 1999 for the first of a series of AB Figures Wargames Weekends. The first one was the Battle of Eggmuhl 1809 and Tony Barton sculpted the Wurttembergers especially for that game and I painted them. But of course, they were on the receiving end of a heavy dose of 'First Game Curse'... :(

I came up with this one:

A wargame unit's success in its first tabletop game is in inverse proportion to the time spent assembling, painting and basing the models.

Buy a crappy painted unit of second hand Spanish or Neapolitan infantry from a bring and buy table and it will perform like heroes in it's first game. Spend a month painting and basing the Grenadiers a Pied of the Old Guard and you will be lucky if they are still on the table at the end of the game...

;)

I always preferred the Austin-Hungarian pre-dreadnoughts. Some really nice ships were built by them

Spot on! Twice! :)

I've just finished my 'Wurttember Challenge': painting the entire Wurttemberg Auxiliary Corps in the month of November... Soon to be followed by Bavarianuary...

What rule set are you using?

ches

LE
Btw chaps, Aldi are selling the usual airfix 1/72 starter kits again for Christmas. Usual fayre.....Mk1 Spit, Hurricane, Gnat, Cromwell, Bf109. Good value at £4.99 & the kits are 201+ vintage so recent & not bad quality. The Fw190 i've got on the go was one such purchase.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer