Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Last edited:

Dads203

Old-Salt
Very frustrated indeed
:o
I had to replace the air valve packing seal on the Iwata TR-1 that I use.
So ordered a new one - £8.99 The old one started to stick so I thought after 12 years best replace it along with the piston.

This turned up today !??!!

Completely empty. Sent Recorded next day ? Still sealed, slightly crushed but very much intact - absolutely nothing in the packaging.

1606326518406.png

1606326531478.png

1606326545229.png

Do people not check before they send out orders ! FFS

Kirkz

LE
Very frustrated indeed
:o
I had to replace the air valve packing seal on the Iwata TR-1 that I use.
So ordered a new one - £8.99 The old one started to stick so I thought after 12 years best replace it along with the piston.

This turned up today !??!!

Completely empty. Sent Recorded next day ? Still sealed, slightly crushed but very much intact - absolutely nothing in the packaging.

View attachment 523661

View attachment 523662

View attachment 523663

Do people not check before they send out orders ! FFS
Perhaps it's a stealth one.

Daz

LE
Last part on the Space Marine saga...

Final details painted in and unit markings added with decals from the box. The bases have been given some ground texture using sand and PVA glue. Once dry they have a dry brush with a dirt colour followed by a lighter sand colour shade. Next is a thinned ink wash of Red Earth (FW Artists Ink from Daler Rownley), followed by a final light sand colour dry brush.

painting 18.jpg

Long dry grass added in patches, with some mid dirt colour scatter to fill in any gaps in the grass patches.

painting 19.jpg

painting 20.jpg

Finally, a couple of coats of matt varnish to protect the finish. They will be used as gaming pieces after all...

All done - muster parade with their mates from the original set.
painting 21.jpg

Lastly, some preview pics of a work on progress - 1/144 scale Leopard 2. This isn't one of my best ones - I have had so many interruptions while working on this one that I feel the work hasn't progressed smoothly, and I have had to rework the hull and turret several times. Still, I am happier with it now that the turret is in the correct position and the gun barrel is under way...

leo2 1.jpg
leo2 2.jpg

leo2 3.jpg

leo2 4.jpg

A tank.

A British one 'cos it's right hand drive.

Edited to add that I thought the instrument panel was against the right hand side of the hull. Meh - I was only guessing. :)

Daz

LE
Last part on the Space Marine saga...

Final details painted in and unit markings added with decals from the box. The bases have been given some ground texture using sand and PVA glue. Once dry they have a dry brush with a dirt colour followed by a lighter sand colour shade. Next is a thinned ink wash of Red Earth (FW Artists Ink from Daler Rownley), followed by a final light sand colour dry brush.

View attachment 523701

Long dry grass added in patches, with some mid dirt colour scatter to fill in any gaps in the grass patches.

View attachment 523702
View attachment 523703

Finally, a couple of coats of matt varnish to protect the finish. They will be used as gaming pieces after all...

All done - muster parade with their mates from the original set.
View attachment 523704

Lastly, some preview pics of a work on progress - 1/144 scale Leopard 2. This isn't one of my best ones - I have had so many interruptions while working on this one that I feel the work hasn't progressed smoothly, and I have had to rework the hull and turret several times. Still, I am happier with it now that the turret is in the correct position and the gun barrel is under way...

View attachment 523706View attachment 523707
View attachment 523708
View attachment 523709
Great work all round there @Rodney2q

Latest Threads