Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

and I just liked the look of this up to date modern, hi tech kit of an old German subject. Looks so, chucked together as a last resort, but a deadly one at that.
Marder.png

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
don't ask me why, but I've always been a fan of post war German Armour supplied to the Bund by the Americans, when they moved up to M60, the Gerrys got M47, when Gerry got Leopard, Hohne Anti tank range got the M47, as hard targets. I've had fun shooting at these. whispers...I understand todays troops don't get to shoot at old tanks anymore, terrible.
View attachment 514727
What makes you think nobody shoots at hards these days?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
A small advance on the 1/76 DUKW:
F2F6432D-0CFF-4080-8EA2-513F04777967.jpeg

What makes you think nobody shoots at hards these days?

it was mentioned on the Bovington Tank museum page, here... well that's annoying, the tank workshop diaries episode where they go to the range and strip out chieftain components from old Bridge layers and recovery vehicles, has in fact been taken down, can't find it on youtube. Someone in authority said that the policy has changed or moved from shooting at hulks to canvas screens, can't find it anywhere now.

BopBopBop

War Hero
don't ask me why, but I've always been a fan of post war German Armour supplied to the Bund by the Americans, when they moved up to M60, the Gerrys got M47, when Gerry got Leopard, Hohne Anti tank range got the M47, as hard targets. I've had fun shooting at these. whispers...I understand todays troops don't get to shoot at old tanks anymore, terrible.
View attachment 514727

They have suffered some extreme weathering.
img095(1)~2.jpg

Hohne early 1970's.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
it was mentioned on the Bovington Tank museum page, here... well that's annoying, the tank workshop diaries episode where they go to the range and strip out chieftain components from old Bridge layers and recovery vehicles, has in fact been taken down, can't find it on youtube. Someone in authority said that the policy has changed or moved from shooting at hulks to canvas screens, can't find it anywhere now.
They were shooting at this the other day:

IMG_0885.jpg

??? I’m not up to date on AFV recognition!
Try to imagine something from your era with all the bins knocked off, but the gun crutch still in place, as is the MRS.

No interior detail of course, but oddly the kit includes the top of the pack, and the engine hatches can be modelled open or closed. I made a M47 by Italeri back in the 70s, that had that same feature. Taking another closer look at the box art, this kit is a product by Tamiya in conjunction with Italeri, the Japanese italian company making a German subject. The old Axis Nations ganging up again. This is proof of study before you buy rule I normally follow, I just got sucked in by the box art!
new kit Bund M47.png

I came across this at the S Yorks Aviation Museum:
EBF2275A-D572-4512-9439-4E7A46AD5DC9.jpeg

Ticks ‘weathered’ box, moves on...

HSF

LE
we spent a whole day in the 1990´s shooting off end of life LAW 66´s at what we were told were concrete filled Conquerors.Cant remember the range ,upt north somewhere,then later on proper AT toys CG

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads