Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Feck. Put them on one side and have a look at your stash. They'll still be there when you figure out where to go with them next.
Decals are fighting me every inch of the way lately. They never did it back in the Eighties (when they were new). ;)

Feck. Put them on one side and have a look at your stash. They'll still be there when you figure out where to go with them next.
Decals are fighting me every inch of the way lately. They never did it back in the Eighties (when they were new). ;)
It's forecast dry and sunny tomorrow, so I'll give them another go then, as a second coat can often sort out 'varnish bloom'... I hope...

You were lucky... Our dad would bring home Novo kits wit' decals made out' t' floor-sweepings and then he'd cut us in two wi't' Exacto scalpel, singing 'Hallelujah'.

Thats turned out to be a good price

Just been reading up about the Lanc.

93D91EC4-B3FE-45C3-BF61-959648C5E9DB.jpeg

B33CC017-5BD5-4E9C-93FA-36E39E021818.jpeg

Avro Lincoln and Lancastrian. Never come across them

Just been reading up about the Lanc.

View attachment 508050
View attachment 508051
Avro Lincoln and Lancastrian. Never come across them
A Lancastrian was responsible for one of the world's worst civil air crashes (up until that point) shortly after WW2 at Landow airfield, only a couple of miles from St Athan. There was an Ireland-Wales rugby international in Dublin and the punters brought back stacks of duty-free, as rationing was still very much in force here. The loadie didn't do his job, so the aircraft came back much more tail-heavy than it had been going out. It stalled catastrophically on approach to Landow and stoofed in tail-first, killing everyone on board.

A Lancastrian was responsible for one of the world's worst civil air crashes (up until that point) shortly after WW2 at Landow airfield, only a couple of miles from St Athan. There was an Ireland-Wales rugby international in Dublin and the punters brought back stacks of duty-free, as rationing was still very much in force here. The loadie didn't do his job, so the aircraft came back much more tail-heavy than it had been going out. It stalled catastrophically on approach to Landow and stoofed in tail-first, killing everyone on board.
Llandow air disaster - Wikipedia Avro Tudor 5.

Apparently, now in Wimborne Minster, but Poole Harbour still pretty close.
Had an uncle who worked at FR, which is where he got asbestosis.
My final empolyer, in a roundabout way.

Latest Threads