Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Chef

LE
It’s just A Wokka, not THE Wokka.

'This is my Wokka.
There are many like it
But this one is mine.
Without it I am nothing
Without me it is nothing
We are as one
This is my Wokka.'

Something like that?

Start rant .......now!
Bout bloody time! We want more British trucks. Where is IBJ's promised Retriever? There is a whole raft of British trucks, but you're lucky if you pay less than £45.00 for them. Where are the Albions, Commers, Crossleys, Dennis's, Fords, Guy (trucks, not men), Karriers, Maudsley, Thornycroft, Morris Commercial, Austins, Leylands, Gardners, Vulcans (trucks not Spock or planes) and all the others I've written about? Britain produced a phenomenal amount of trucks for service during WW2 but only a bare few are made as models. Well done to IBJ for their Bedford range and ADV Club for the AEC's, but that really only scratches the surface. Let's all lobby the manufacturers to release more British Trucks rather than us having to resort to the expensive end of the hobby. Only, don't make them too cheap or the riff-raff will start getting ideas above their stations.
and breathe. Rant over.
Don't get me started on Bronco and Thunder Models both offering a C9B yet still they push out more bloody jeeps and stuff for the third reich fanbois Grrrrrrrrrrr

Unremarkable

War Hero
I model British gear in 1969 (the period for my aborted railway, hence also the 1/76 scale) and I've always been short of subjects in injection moulded kits. I think the old Airfix Chieftain, Matador, and DUKW were it. The Centurion was unusable. The JB range didn't last long in the Airfix catalogue either.
Resin to the rescue!

'This is my Wokka.
There are many like it
But this one is mine.
Without it I am nothing
Without me it is nothing
We are as one
This is my Wokka.'

Something like that?

that’s the one

A few weeks ago I found some models that I made in my youth. Most of the pieces were still in the general area, but the glue used was not up to the job. Over the last few weeks I have been repairing the various parts and getting them back to their (almost) former glory. My modeling mojo is back!
20200920_161800_resized.jpg
20200920_161808_resized.jpg
20200920_161808_resized.jpg
20200920_161835_resized.jpg
20200920_161835_resized.jpg
20200920_161858_resized.jpg
20200920_161858_resized.jpg
20200920_161918_resized.jpg
20200920_161918_resized.jpg

Chef

LE
A few weeks ago I found some models that I made in my youth. Most of the pieces were still in the general area, but the glue used was not up to the job. Over the last few weeks I have been repairing the various parts and getting them back to their (almost) former glory. My modeling mojo is back!View attachment 505998

Keith Carradine from 'The Duellists'?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A few weeks ago I found some models that I made in my youth. Most of the pieces were still in the general area, but the glue used was not up to the job. Over the last few weeks I have been repairing the various parts and getting them back to their (almost) former glory. My modeling mojo is back!View attachment 505998View attachment 505998View attachment 505999View attachment 505999View attachment 506000View attachment 506000View attachment 506001View attachment 506001View attachment 506002View attachment 506002
Some good work there mate, welcome.

PFGEN

GCM
A few weeks ago I found some models that I made in my youth. Most of the pieces were still in the general area, but the glue used was not up to the job. Over the last few weeks I have been repairing the various parts and getting them back to their (almost) former glory. My modeling mojo is back!View attachment 505998View attachment 505998View attachment 505999View attachment 505999View attachment 506000View attachment 506000View attachment 506001View attachment 506001View attachment 506002View attachment 506002

Nice work there. I never managed to get my lancer to look that good.

Keith Carradine from 'The Duellists'?

Only if he's transferred: Armand d'Hubert (Carradine) was in the 3e Hussards, while this chap appears to be in the 13e Hussards (ex-Westphalian Guard Hussars).

Last edited:

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think it's Phoenix model white metal kit, are they still in business?
Yes, they are still in business. Check out these guys....

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Historex are no longer the company they were, staffed by utter mongs the last, literally time I used them
I agree to a point, but haven't had a problem with any orders.

I model British gear in 1969 (the period for my aborted railway, hence also the 1/76 scale) and I've always been short of subjects in injection moulded kits. I think the old Airfix Chieftain, Matador, and DUKW were it. The Centurion was unusable. The JB range didn't last long in the Airfix catalogue either.
Resin to the rescue!
I never had a problem with the Airfix Cent, it needed quite a lot from the spares box to make it look 'real' but I quite liked it.

Matador Models do a lot of excellent 1/76 stuff but I ordered some back in April and haven't seen anything yet. No easy way of contacting them either. Not a 21C company!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I never had a problem with the Airfix Cent, it needed quite a lot from the spares box to make it look 'real' but I quite liked it.

Matador Models do a lot of excellent 1/76 stuff but I ordered some back in April and haven't seen anything yet. No easy way of contacting them either. Not a 21C company!
My bold.
And that is the truth of the matter BB. None of us signed up to compete against each other. If we like a kit and we are happy with the end result, then that is what modelling is all about. The hints, tips, reviews are all secondary to that feeling of satisfaction we get from completing a model to the best of our abilities.

Resin to the rescue!

1/72 rather than 1/76, but might be of some interest.

Ace Models are available in the UK through Hannants. - Hannants - Plastic model kits, plastic figures and accessories

Latest Threads