Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just announced by Gecko is kit 35GM0027 Bedford MWD 15-cwt 4x2 GS (Closed Cab) Truck in 1/35 scale

View attachment 504888View attachment 504889
Start rant .......now!
Bout bloody time! We want more British trucks. Where is IBJ's promised Retriever? There is a whole raft of British trucks, but you're lucky if you pay less than £45.00 for them. Where are the Albions, Commers, Crossleys, Dennis's, Fords, Guy (trucks, not men), Karriers, Maudsley, Thornycroft, Morris Commercial, Austins, Leylands, Gardners, Vulcans (trucks not Spock or planes) and all the others I've written about? Britain produced a phenomenal amount of trucks for service during WW2 but only a bare few are made as models. Well done to IBJ for their Bedford range and ADV Club for the AEC's, but that really only scratches the surface. Let's all lobby the manufacturers to release more British Trucks rather than us having to resort to the expensive end of the hobby. Only, don't make them too cheap or the riff-raff will start getting ideas above their stations.
and breathe. Rant over.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It was a Labrador and it can be had in the limited-edition release of the Dambusters Lancaster.

Ahem.
When you say "had" do you mean, owned or a trousers down situation? We need to know

LARD

LE
Start rant .......now!
Bout bloody time! We want more British trucks. Where is IBJ's promised Retriever? There is a whole raft of British trucks, but you're lucky if you pay less than £45.00 for them. Where are the Albions, Commers, Crossleys, Dennis's, Fords, Guy (trucks, not men), Karriers, Maudsley, Thornycroft, Morris Commercial, Austins, Leylands, Gardners, Vulcans (trucks not Spock or planes) and all the others I've written about? Britain produced a phenomenal amount of trucks for service during WW2 but only a bare few are made as models. Well done to IBJ for their Bedford range and ADV Club for the AEC's, but that really only scratches the surface. Let's all lobby the manufacturers to release more British Trucks rather than us having to resort to the expensive end of the hobby. Only, don't make them too cheap or the riff-raff will start getting ideas above their stations.
and breathe. Rant over.

This arrived from Hannants today. Looks very good!

Is your boat floating @Smeggers ?

1600344076795.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This arrived from Hannants today. Looks very good!

Is your boat floating @Smeggers ?

View attachment 505172
Got one and a WOT 6 with a conversion set to make as a workshop vehicle. On the list of things to do. Too many models, too little time. But, yes my boat is definitely floating.

LARD

LE
Got one and a WOT 6 with a conversion set to make as a workshop vehicle. On the list of things to do. Too many models, too little time. But, yes my boat is definitely floating.

I've got a WOT 6, QL GS, with a QL Tanker and a CMP Recovery on order (OK the latter is not strictly British, but...) . I should buy the Mat, Scammell R100 etc but as you say too many kits and too little time.

Still I'm glad you have a little water under your keel!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

ugly

LE
A fellow arrser had a lovely fox red lab and a model would have been a great present for him

QRK2

LE
Coming from you, that is a real compliment. Your stuff is amazing.

Didn't they parachute them in to Dien Bein Phu in crates and assembled in situ?

They also mated a Chaffee turret with a AMX-13 body shudder.

Flew them in rather than para dropped them, but yes and they are still there, or at least were when I visited.

Kirkz

LE

Latest Threads