Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Now our son has been posted further away from us (last unit was the closest possible location) I have taken over a corner of ”his bedroom” for the purposes of modelling, as a result I can reveal that I have commenced building on
the A 34 CometView attachment 500165

Further updates will follow when I get a chance.

Nice one. I'm going to crack on with the Cromwell now the first Spad is done

Had a stash of old 00 scale model railway stuff from when I was a kid. 5 or 6 locos, load of rolling stock. Couldn't shift it on any Facebook model railway groups as it's so old. Popped into my local model shop (Kitstop in Birkenhead) which is one of those old style model shops....a gem of a place.....walked out with a 1/35 Churchill, a 1/24 1950s Alfa Romeo Giulietta & some sundries. Thick end of 70 sheets worth of stuff. Considering the plebs on the railway groups were trying to buy locomotives from my stash for only a fiver so I was about to chuck it in a skip I walked out of the place well chuffed. Am in the middle of getting made redundant so was a nice pick me up on a shitty day.

View attachment 500154
Stay positive, dude.

ches

LE
Thanks chaps, am having to go back on some anxiety meds to keep normal as this sort of thing brings some of my PTSD symptoms back to the fore & the support from management is woeful to say the least, so modelling & muckas is a tonic. I' reasonably confident I can get something else at a decent wage.

Got to say though, if anyone is in the Merseyside/Wirral area then Kitstop is well worth a trip. Decent size, good selection of top stuff from all sorts of manufacturers. Great stock of paints & sundries too.

The Tank Museum has taken the decision not to go ahead with the South West Model Show in October, but they are planning an online event on the weekend of 17-18 October.

this is the second time I've considered having a go at this kit. Will I never learn, it's just that... that artwork, it just gets to me everytime. Roy you have a lot to answer for!
Untitled.png

basic, old and rather fuzzy, such a joyful challenge.
open lid contents.png

mmmm, raised panel lines.
fuselage half.png

the last time I had a go at this kit was a good 15 years ago, I got annoyed and scrapped it, this time another go, and a chance to bury my short Sunderland demons.

blast it, broken off prop blade, and it's not in the bag! that does it, back in the stash for another 15 years.
broken prop.png

this is the second time I've considered having a go at this kit. Will I never learn, it's just that... that artwork, it just gets to me everytime. Roy you have a lot to answer for!
View attachment 500213
View attachment 500214
View attachment 500215

the last time I had a go at this kit was a good 15 years ago, I got annoyed and scrapped it, this time another go, and a chance to bury my short Sunderland demons.

blast it, broken off prop blade, and it's not in the bag! that does it, back in the stash for another 15 years.
View attachment 500219

Send me a clean prop and I will cast one out of resin for you

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks chaps, am having to go back on some anxiety meds to keep normal as this sort of thing brings some of my PTSD symptoms back to the fore & the support from management is woeful to say the least, so modelling & muckas is a tonic. I' reasonably confident I can get something else at a decent wage.

Got to say though, if anyone is in the Merseyside/Wirral area then Kitstop is well worth a trip. Decent size, good selection of top stuff from all sorts of manufacturers. Great stock of paints & sundries too.
Hang in there mate and keep modelling.

what an awkward time to notice that Eduard do The maintenance platform for the Sunderland, now all I need is to see that you can buy a single resin stripped down engine, what a great scene that would make.

like this you mean?

that's a great idea Si, I've got casting kit stashed away, cheers for the offer.
I've now got my sights set on another pair of wings, faster wings, much faster.
View attachment 500228

Here's your other problem solved

PFGEN

GCM

Nothing but encouragement here so get stuck in, relax a bit and enjoy. Sucks to be made redundant in these times, good luck finding the next gig.

View attachment 500213
View attachment 500214
View attachment 500215

View attachment 500219
That’s not Roy, this is Roy:

6113C7DA-552F-477B-A750-359F7F28F7A6.jpeg

I have a couple in the stash - best of luck on this one!

Latest Threads