Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

BopBopBop

War Hero
I may have a miss-match here, I can't find anything on the internet to suggest the M5 high speed tractor towed the 155mm long Tom M2, I found an M4 tractor towing one. I think Hasagawa goofed, and so have I.
View attachment 496137

M5 and Long Tom get a mention here.

I think that all the evidence suggests the Long Tom M2 mount was towed by the 6x6 truck or the tractor M4 with the hard top cab and more powerful motor.
by the way this is a great fire power training movie. at 27.52 you see Long tom towed by an M4 Tractor.

Dads203

Old-Salt
Wasn‘t planning 353‘s as I have enough in the Takom 432 kit, but i reckon there might be a few 321’s, TURFs , SURFs And DMUs going spare, I’ll have to check once I get my hands on them.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wasn‘t planning 353‘s as I have enough in the Takom 432 kit, but i reckon there might be a few 321’s, TURFs , SURFs And DMUs going spare, I’ll have to check once I get my hands on them.
How about the cable reels? I've been trying forever to get hold of 1/35 scale modern British cable reels to no avail. Nearest I got was some pretty ropey ones I made myself and they were so gopping, I binned them!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
How about the cable reels? I've been trying forever to get hold of 1/35 scale modern British cable reels to no avail. Nearest I got was some pretty ropey ones I made myself and they were so gopping, I binned them!
The Don10 style ones?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

these I am guessing?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

these I am guessing?
My mistake, those ones were easy enough to make. The ones below are the ones I want...
OIP (2).jpeg

FV439.jpg.053c0e25017174116f07316746d9c0ff.jpg

Wouldn't exactly call that D10 would you?

Dads203

Old-Salt
One of the guys on BM has done a 3d printed conversion of a 439 and made the Ptarmigan 7 quad drums. its a good conversion and very complete, he's an ex scaley ED and did a few prototypes before refining further.

1597162454175.png

1597162472752.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
all for naught anyway mate, bloke I thought might do you some reckons it'd be a nightmare for him to cast, due to the spokes in that scale
That is the problem, however well you cast tgem, they are always going to look too chubby. Thanks to the thought though mate.

If you do the Zero, put it on a Float..Aleutian Islands campaign!

Nope, the model is an A6M5, while the Rufes were modified early version A6M2s, so apart from anything else the engine cowl and exhausts are significantly different, and the wings too short: although, if you're going to go to the trouble of putting floats on it ...

Last edited:
Sadly, I wont be doing anything for a bit as I now have a cast on after my bike crash last week.
On second check, the hospital realised my wrist is broken, not sprained.

I’m a tad miffed.

Latest Threads