Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Where is that?
They're in the process of moving to larger premises this weekend. I can let you know of their new address when they announce it if you'd like. They used to be on Hindley Road, Daisy Hill (sorry, not quite Bury, but close).

They're in the process of moving to larger premises this weekend. I can let you know of their new address when they announce it if you'd like. They used to be on Hindley Road, Daisy Hill (sorry, not quite Bury, but close).
I know that one, Mike's shop. One of the lads who works for him is ex mob, I'm not sure what cap badge though.

Dads203

Old-Salt
There's a model shop in Bury, a real brick one that does internet/Facebook too.

MJR Models, brilliant little shop, proper good selection of kits and all really good prices. Been a few times myself and always seem to come away with an empty wallet.

BopBopBop

War Hero
Is that before or after you shot it with the air rifle?

Yep, made hundreds of kits as a boy.

All engaged and destroyed in a prolonged contact when they were completely outgunned by the air rifle.
img321 (2).jpg
img321 (3).jpg
img322 (2).jpg
img323 (2).jpg
img324 (2).jpg
img324 (3).jpg
img324 (4).jpg
img324 (5).jpg

aardvark64

War Hero
Great pictures!

Having done the Spit for my mates newborn, I seem to have caught the bug again (it comes and goes every 6 to 12 months or so).
Just had a look at my stash, and wondering which one to do. I don't think it will be the Fe2b as that will take a bit of a run up before I do another Wingnut Wings model as the Albatross rigging was a PITA and the FE has a hell of a lot more.
IMG_1453.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Having done the Spit for my mates newborn, I seem to have caught the bug again (it comes and goes every 6 to 12 months or so).
Just had a look at my stash, and wondering which one to do. I don't think it will be the Fe2b as that will take a bit of a run up before I do another Wingnut Wings model as the Albatross rigging was a PITA and the FE has a hell of a lot more.View attachment 496029
Do the Fokker, sorry couldn't resist.

Just had a look at my stash, and wondering which one to do. I don't think it will be the Fe2b as that will take a bit of a run up before I do another Wingnut Wings model as the Albatross rigging was a PITA and the FE has a hell of a lot more.View attachment 496029

Mossie or swordfish for me

at least you know the Swordfish will fit together no problem. And it will look like a showpiece with the floats.

I may have a miss-match here, I can't find anything on the internet to suggest the M5 high speed tractor towed the 155mm long Tom M2, I found an M4 tractor towing one. I think Hasagawa goofed, and so have I.
gun and tractor.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I may have a miss-match here, I can't find anything on the internet to suggest the M5 high speed tractor towed the 155mm long Tom M2, I found an M4 tractor towing one. I think Hasagawa goofed, and so have I.
View attachment 496137
These were copied from one of my sources...
maxresdefault.jpg

mmu_get_jpeg (1).jpeg

850e365b-907f-4a00-b11e-ce08fa6ac4ac.jpg

OIP (1).jpeg

I appreciate the fact that the lower two pictures are of models, but obviously someone else thinks the M5 was used as a prime mover for the M155.