Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Modelling

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes - if I recall is is a 1/4 scale mock-up. The plan was to distribute these down the East coast with sufficient spacing for some to survive a 20MT attack. Again, would make a great diorama, with the Blue Streak ICBM.

Dads203

Old-Salt
Here is where I'm at today, more armoured boxes done and I've removed the NBC pack intake, its not on the MK2 that I'm building. holes were filled with plastic rod, these will trimmed down flush and sanded back.

1596821628680.png

1596821646302.png

1596821669994.png

1596821689397.png

1596821722248.png

Dads203

Old-Salt
Some DMU renders that are off to printers, not too shabby

1596827922617.jpeg

1596828041979.jpeg

Attachments

• 1596827995057.jpeg
    1596827995057.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 15
HEADS UP GENTS
Aldi are selling a set of 20 oil paints for a fiver. Along with other artist materials such as pads, brushes etc.
As you know, oil colours are a versatile and useful addition to your model weathering process. Whether as a sludge wash or dot filters.

ches

LE
HEADS UP GENTS
Aldi are selling a set of 20 oil paints for a fiver. Along with other artist materials such as pads, brushes etc.
As you know, oil colours are a versatile and useful addition to your model weathering process. Whether as a sludge wash or dot filters.

They do this every now & then. There should also be an acrylic set to. Great value.

Picked up the new Meng Warrior from Halifax Modellers World, as we no longer have a proper model shop in Manchester.
Lots of parts, torsion bars attached to the axles, PE, metal gun barrel, ECM table and the bar armour looks good.
BUT. No interior at all, not even a partial. For sixty sovs I don't think that is too much to ask.
EDIT.
It also has individual track links and pins, with an assembly jig.

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Picked up the new Meng Warrior from Halifax Modellers World, as we no longer have a proper model shop in Manchester.
Lots of parts, torsion bars attached to the axles, PE, metal gun barrel, ECM table and the bar armour looks good.
BUT. No interior at all, not even a partial. For sixty sovs I don't think that is too much to ask.
That's piss poor service.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
there will be an interior at some point for twenty or thirty quid
I really think you wings and tracks types get done over something terrible. I can only suppose because figures are somewhat niche, crap kits/makers go under a lot faster.

There's a model shop in Bury, a real brick one that does internet/Facebook too.

Latest Threads