Clanker
A Couple more older builds, Tamiya M113

1594453174190.jpeg

1594453252619.jpeg

1594453274782.jpeg

1594455042318.jpeg

1594455133865.jpeg

Proper golden oldie

And the Chieftain mk11 , Tamiya again with the Accurate Armour conversion.

1594454004152.jpeg

1594454034858.jpeg

1594454135207.jpeg

1594454190748.jpeg

1594454259234.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Dads203 , you're not winning any friends!
Seriously though, they are cracking models, we'll done mucker!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Kirkz

LE
Or in your case, some more shelves for your vinyl collection!
It's not shelves I need it's an extention to the house.
My new music room is stuffed floor to ceiling with vinyl and I still have several thousand 7 inch singles and CD's to find room for.

Dads203

Clanker
Cheers for great feedback on the other build I've shown, If I can help or advise any of you then please drop me line, I really don't mind passing on any techniques.

Going back to the Bergepanzer 2 that's currently sat on the build board.

I've managed to get the driver figure looking fairly decent, figures are not strong point at all
and I'd love to bring them up to a really good standard. I get the theory in getting the flesh looking right but it just doesn't come together for me yet.

1594538337716.png

1594538844198.png

1594538359756.png

I've stripped the other guys face and restarted, this is the progress with just 3 basic tones of flesh and some of the other details just blocked in at this point. He's far from finished yet. Possibly looking at self imposed Remedial Face painting!

1594538457540.png

Enjoy and cheers for looking.

Dan

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The faces aren't bad at all, I would suggest you give them some highlights and shadows, to give them a little bit of "life"

Dads203

Clanker
The faces aren't bad at all, I would suggest you give them some highlights and shadows, to give them a little bit of "life"
Cheers Chap, that’s what I thought, I just need to get some warmth in the tones. I keep getting a chalky finish so I think I might be overworking the colours?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Cheers Chap, that’s what I thought, I just need to get some warmth in the tones. I keep getting a chalky finish so I think I might be overworking the colours?
Maybe, I use oils for flesh myself can't get on with acrylics for it.

daz

LE
Oh for crying out loud, another master to try and live up too. Cracking work there mate.
Look on the bright side, you're not getting any competition off me :)

Much more a toy than a model, but the ballista is finished , it works and the troops seem to like it.

Time to get back to ship models I think :)
Fullscreen capture 12072020 124017.bmp.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
By the gods, that is %$#& exceptional !! Even at 10th scale the moulding has to have been top quality but the painting of the different materials is at another level altogether. Just looking at it I can feel the differences in the webbing and the leather of the helmet.
That is exactly why I don't claim to be an expert or even good at this painting thing

I used to use an ink wash on faces for larger scale wargames figures before adding the final highlights. The big advantage is that a suitable water basedwash will dry relatively slowly, allowing the shading pigment to settle into the creases etc giving a subtle shading effect without you having to try and blend it all in.

This will give you the idea:

I use washes for painting pretty much everything these days - figures, vehicles, scenery.

As mentioned earlier - some pics of my latest 10mm WW1 figures. These are 1914 Germans, to give my BEF someone to fight on the tabletop.

These ones are pretty much finished except for the bases. When I have finished a similar number of French troops I'll have a mass basing session and add the ground texture (builders sand), an earth coloured drybrush and some static grass, at which point they will ready for the tabletop.

german 1.jpg

Machine guns and artillery. The HMGs will have two different base sizes. The large rectangular base will represent a machine gun company, while the smaller round bases will be used as a marker to show that an infantry battalion has machine support attached.

german 2.jpg

German Infantry

german 3.jpg

German cavalry (Hussars in this case). All German cavalry were lance armed at this time. Historically they discovered that once British cavalry got past the pointy end of the lance, then the British cavalry sword was a much better weapon in a cavalry melee... :)

german 4.jpg

Dismounted German cavaly in skirmish order. Historically no match for dismounted regular British cavalry armed with the standard .303 service rifle with a 10 round magazine.

scenics 1.jpg

Some scenic items - a couple of bridges (waiting for some static grass) and some damaged battery markers for use during games to indicate... well...damaged batteries.

Lastly, we have just taken delivery of some etched MDF bases for the 1/144 scale supermarket. These have paving slabs etched around the front entrance and along the side.
supermarket1.jpg

supermarket2.jpg

This one has been given a coat of primer prior to painting.

Kirkz

LE
Just picked this up at a car boot sale, if anyone would like it PM me and they can have it for the price of the postage.

20200712_163709_copy_701x675.jpg
20200712_163746_copy_701x620.jpg