it was a long time ago, Soest 206 Sig Sqn had to be the best posting I ever had, I then went onto 3 Div in Bulford , 1 Div Herford and then the nail in coffin for me was 14 Sigs in Brawdy, got to the end of my posting and left, now I’m a fat knacker who drinks far to muchThat's the one, 1 Sqn, 1 ADSR had block 47 (block 54 was the other block they had next to the Sqn bar)
I should of typed 3 ADSR, not 1 ADSR......Soest was certainly a good posting, what with the Big Ben and the sailing club, alas all gone now along with my hair and eyesightit was a long time ago, Soest 206 Sig Sqn had to be the best posting I ever had, I then went onto 3 Div in Bulford , 1 Div Herford and then the nail in coffin for me was 14 Sigs in Brawdy, got to the end of my posting and left, now I’m a fat knacker who drinks far to much
When you two have quite finished the love in...
Anymore pics to make a poor ex grunt feel more inadequate?
BTW, where did you get the slave lead and the BV's?
What I tend to do with MMM stuff is cut the weapon as close as possible to the hand then graft an aftermarket weapon each side.120mm NI fig finished.....at last. This version will be used for marketting phots for commissions as soon as I can get my photo booth set up, i binned a load of kit I was using for my old one like a gimp.
View attachment 488651
View attachment 488652
He's currently lightly pinned to the base, which is the OOB as standard. I have my own aftermarket base for this as it will be in my own collection.
Overall, I'm pleased with the result, the DPM took me 2 goes & my next go will be better as there are a couple of things I'd do differently now.
The kit by MMM is ok........& thats being kind. The SLR is a bit of a dog. Next time I'll go with aftermarket & craft his right hand onto the grip with pins & some filling as the OOB version has his hands cast onto the gatt.
The barrel is the ultimate in crap casting ideas, its cast separate from the rest of the weapon & broke off more times than I can remember so I binned it, used a drill bit i drilled into the front furniture of the SLR, left in place & crafted a new flash hider to suit.
The sling, again a crap piece of casting that had no flex even with medium heat so I made one from masking tape & it hangs nicely & looks way more natural.