Military Modelling

Well, I'm calling H:M:S: Convulsion finished. A few omissions , a few alterations from the plans and many mistakes, but for a first try I'm happy enough with it . Question is what to do next. I'm attaching the first picture I took at the start of the process and one of the finished work . Thank you for all the encouragement .
boat98 (2).jpg
ship model.jpg

Well, I'm calling H:M:S: Convulsion finished. A few omissions , a few alterations from the plans and many mistakes, but for a first try I'm happy enough with it . Question is what to do next. I'm attaching the first picture I took at the start of the process and one of the finished work . Thank you for all the encouragement . View attachment 478147View attachment 478143
I'd say thats bloody good!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Well, I'm calling H:M:S: Convulsion finished. A few omissions , a few alterations from the plans and many mistakes, but for a first try I'm happy enough with it . Question is what to do next. I'm attaching the first picture I took at the start of the process and one of the finished work . Thank you for all the encouragement . View attachment 478147View attachment 478143
Looks top class to me mate, what's next? You say. Step this way young man let me show you some lovely figure models you might like, ignore those awful common track and wings people.

Looks top class to me mate, what's next? You say. Step this way young man let me show you some lovely figure models you might like, ignore those awful common track and wings people.
Thank you . The painting was the worse part,even the masking tape let me down. So figure painting might not be the way forward. You are correct about tanks and planes though. I may keep playing with boats .

Well, after a lapse of 34 years, I have finally taken the plunge, and just ordered the Takom Mk 10 Chieftain in 1/35 scale, and the Takom Mk 5 1/35.
The Mk 10 will be dressed for Berlin, and the Mk 5 for BATUS.
Just hope I can do them justice.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well done - very Master and Commander - ish.

Well, after a lapse of 34 years, I have finally taken the plunge, and just ordered the Takom Mk 10 Chieftain in 1/35 scale, and the Takom Mk 5 1/35.
The Mk 10 will be dressed for Berlin, and the Mk 5 for BATUS.
Just hope I can do them justice.
Welcome back.

Is it ballasted to float properly so you can blow it up on the local canal? ;-)

Seriously though, nice work - very neat and shipshape or Bristols or whatever the Navy say...

What great shame, brilliant models! Looking closer, there was an additional article saying that Peter Jackson’s aircraft company, The Vintage Aviator is under investigation and all sales of Aircraft, Engines and spares suspended.

What great shame, brilliant models! Looking closer, there was an additional article saying that Peter Jackson’s aircraft company, The Vintage Aviator is under investigation and all sales of Aircraft, Engines and spares suspended.
Certainly something strange going on in the Shaky Isles. From the two articles
- The Vintage Aviator has issued a notice on its website that it has suspended sales of all aircraft, engines and accessories "due to ongoing internal investigations".

- "There’s a perception that Wingnuts closed solely due to the coronavirus lockdowns in New Zealand," he said. "Former staff say this is not so. The Covid-19 pandemic was a useful trigger for a plan underway before then to restructure the Wingnuts operation."

I think someone here already posted a while ago that Wingnut were going under. A real shame. I don't think they'll be the last.

Latest Threads