Military Modelling

Not an expert but never seen a model with the Polsten before.
The original armament, but only fitted to half the prototypes and the short Mk1 production run.

daz

LE
99161002_2839160559472990_988850206256660480_n.jpg

Christ what a horrific weekend. I spent all day Sunday and yesterday trying to marshal the hordes of brain dead tourists who decided in their thousands that the best place to visit in the middle of a ******* pandemic is a tiny village in Dorset with few facilities and difficult access to the beach. By 1600 yesterday I was ready to start murdering people. Cnuts the lot of 'em.

In other news I did manage to nearly finish the FT 17. Just the tracks and a bit of weathering to do, then I'll get going on the base.

_20200526_103705.JPG

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Christ what a horrific weekend. I spent all day Sunday and yesterday trying to marshal the hordes of brain dead tourists who decided in their thousands that the best place to visit in the middle of a ******* pandemic is a tiny village in Dorset with few facilities and difficult access to the beach. By 1600 yesterday I was ready to start murdering people. Cnuts the lot of 'em.

In other news I did manage to nearly finish the FT 17. Just the tracks and a bit of weathering to do, then I'll get going on the base.

View attachment 476635
That camo scheme is somehow so very French

Needs some Panzer Grey and Balkenkreuz added for that active service look :)
Hardly.

Its battlefield debut occurred on 31 May 1918, east of the Forest of Retz, east of Chaudun, between Ploisy and Chazelles, during the Third Battle of the Aisne. This engagement, with 30 tanks, successfully broke up a German advance, but in the absence of infantry support, the vehicles later withdrew.[9][10][11] From then on, gradually increasing numbers of FTs were deployed, together with smaller numbers of the older Schneider CA1 and Saint-Chamond tanks.[12] As the war had become a war of movement during mid-1918, during the Hundred Days Offensive, the lighter FTs were often transported on heavy trucks and special trailers rather than by rail on flat cars.[citation needed] Estienne had initially proposed to overwhelm the enemy defences using a "swarm" of light tanks, a tactic that was eventually successfully implemented.[13] Beginning in late 1917, the Entente allies were attempting to outproduce the Central Powers in all respects, including artillery, tanks, and chemical weapons. Consequently, a goal was set of manufacturing 12,260 FT tanks (7,820 in France and 4,440 in the United States) before the end of 1919.

daz

LE
Hardly.

Its battlefield debut occurred on 31 May 1918, east of the Forest of Retz, east of Chaudun, between Ploisy and Chazelles, during the Third Battle of the Aisne. This engagement, with 30 tanks, successfully broke up a German advance, but in the absence of infantry support, the vehicles later withdrew.[9][10][11] From then on, gradually increasing numbers of FTs were deployed, together with smaller numbers of the older Schneider CA1 and Saint-Chamond tanks.[12] As the war had become a war of movement during mid-1918, during the Hundred Days Offensive, the lighter FTs were often transported on heavy trucks and special trailers rather than by rail on flat cars.[citation needed] Estienne had initially proposed to overwhelm the enemy defences using a "swarm" of light tanks, a tactic that was eventually successfully implemented.[13] Beginning in late 1917, the Entente allies were attempting to outproduce the Central Powers in all respects, including artillery, tanks, and chemical weapons. Consequently, a goal was set of manufacturing 12,260 FT tanks (7,820 in France and 4,440 in the United States) before the end of 1919.
Remind me never to crack a joke about the French in this hallowed forum again :)

daz

LE
Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow......just ignore the quick, quick

2 1/2 later masking the canopy, breaking the front undercarriage, oops, time for a test sit with the prop blutacted on, thankfully, it's just avoided being a tail sitter - just needs all the upper sections masked off, bugger
IMG_20200526_210426_edited.jpg

A brief update on the Bomb ketch: most of the standing rigging done, all the spars in place. running rigging in progress Currently working on setting up the very long and fiddly bowsprit . Sanity holding up at the moment. The rigging is divided between black and natural fibres and proving very difficult to get a photograph that shows both clearly.
rigging.jpg

Last edited:

daz

LE
A brief update on the Bomb ketch: most of the standing rigging done, all the spars in place. running rigging in progress Currently working on setting up the very long and fiddly bowsprit . Sanity holding up at the moment. The rigging is divided between black and natural fibres and proving very difficult to get a photograph that shows both clearly. View attachment 477216
Impressive I must say

Impressive I must say
Thanks , very kind of you, but I've made so many mistakes building this. I managed to recover from most of them and hide the rest to some extent. Should I ever be misguided enough to try another one I think it'll look a lot better.

Moglington

Old-Salt
Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow......just ignore the quick, quick

2 1/2 later masking the canopy, breaking the front undercarriage, oops, time for a test sit with the prop blutacted on, thankfully, it's just avoided being a tail sitter - just needs all the upper sections masked off, bugger
View attachment 476842
That looks like the bastard lovechild of an ME109 and Seahawk

daz

LE
Thanks , very kind of you, but I've made so many mistakes building this. I managed to recover from most of them and hide the rest to some extent. Should I ever be misguided enough to try another one I think it'll look a lot better.
You've got more patience than me, the thoughts of doing that rigging fills me with horror, so have a well done

Latest Threads