Military Modelling

offog

LE
kind offer thanks Mate, but Napoleonics' are not my thing, why don't you keep hold of them until the fancy grabs you, keep em in the stash, for a long term saving in cash.
Unfortunately my ability to do fine detail is gone.

I have a number of pre WW1 that are avalable to a good or even a disreputable home.

PFGEN

GCM
A number of my Dad and his mates all swore blind by Historex, as Daz said a strange scale. But Dad always said, the average human was smaller 200 years ago. He loved their Horses though. A number of his dioramas use Historex horses, in fact this whole one is Historex it’s a French Napoleonic Lancer. With minor modifications turned it into early WW1 frog.View attachment 463905
I remember them well from MM. There was usually one on the cover painted to an absurd level of perfection. Most of the models never seemed to be built straight from the Historex kit. They always seemed to be cut and shunt jobs with a considerable amount being scratch built, what would start out as a mounted Hussar would end up as Lawrence of Arabia on a camel. It was always something to look up to but I only ever got as far as Airfix Napoleonic's. The paint job on my Highlander looked like he'd been dragged through the mixing section at B&Q.

daz

LE
I remember them well from MM. There was usually one on the cover painted to an absurd level of perfection. Most of the models never seemed to be built straight from the Historex kit. They always seemed to be cut and shunt jobs with a considerable amount being scratch built, what would start out as a mounted Hussar would end up as Lawrence of Arabia on a camel. It was always something to look up to but I only ever got as far as Airfix Napoleonic's. The paint job on my Highlander looked like he'd been dragged through the mixing section at B&Q.
Historex figures built as stock items were a tad wooden to say the least, especially compared to Airfix Multipose when they were released, the Airfix tended to be rather more fluid

daz

LE
But if you're really bored, you could always go 70's modelling retro with these instructions :)

Page 1 (Custom).jpg

Page 2.jpg

daz

LE

daz

LE
That's quite a mod from the original! About the only things unchanged are the face and the base.
And thats one of the less complex ones :)

daz

LE
Airfix Collectors Series still available in my loft :)
Ditto; still toying with the idea of a diorama with some of the ECW figures.

daz

LE
Pike-men and musketeers, or the mounted figures?
All of the above, although I think I only have the one mounted figure in my stash to go with the foot. I guess with that mix I could go for Viscount Falkland committing suicide at First Newbury.

Historex! the dogs back in the 70's, for serious figure modellers (with beards) takes me back to the many ads in MIL Mod Mag, like to know if they are that good, I've never got my hands on one.
I made several of them as a teenager in the 70's, mostly French infantry types. Very detailed but expensive on a teenagers pocket money/saturday job wages.

Ah! Historex! Then they should be brill by my purist ‘70s standards?

My last punt at ‘big’ figures was the Airfix 54mm series 40 odd years ago!

Isolation eh?
I hope we get to see them assembled on here, I spy a rather finely molded MG42 bottom left corner.

I hope we get to see them assembled on here, I spy a rather finely molded MG42 bottom left corner.
MG34 I think? They all seem jolly well equipped with panzerschreck etc

Latest Threads