Military Modelling

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Day 3 of the restoration, body and legs reunited, base remade. Day 1 taken off as too livid to start!
IMG_20200329_103958[1].jpg

I take it back, he's finally gone over the edge with his commitment to 'atmosphere'. Drilling portholes for illuminating the diorama.

I take it back, he's finally gone over the edge with his commitment to 'atmosphere'. Drilling portholes for illuminating the diorama.

Amazing attention to detail, while missing the blindingly obvious. As a coal-fired ship, when she hit the iceberg Titanic would have been belching smoke like the Admiral Kusnetsov.

Depends how complex you want to make a diorama I suspect.
Well, he'd made it pretty bloody complex. Nothing that some cotton wool from the funnels couldn't have addressed. Still bloody envious of his skills though!

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Like the work on the legs in particular.

Can you give me approximate dimensions of it's footprint - width and depth, not height. These days I think about final display method or storage before starting.
I guesstimate it's footprint being too big but wondered about an antique glass dome.
Here's the almost finished restored figure, just waiting on some blue gloss for the sword scabbard and I'll touch in the helmet horns then.
@paddyplanty
Your dimensions are Height 20cm, Width 16cm and Depth including bow 25cm. I added a couple of cms on all to allow for a case, I know you didn't need height but it's there anyway.
IMG_20200330_095353.jpg
IMG_20200330_095407.jpg
IMG_20200330_095423.jpg
IMG_20200330_095448.jpg

ches

LE
Can't wait to get my hands on this but I can't see it for sale anywhere.
View attachment 460771
View attachment 460772
You utter wankspangle. I'm up to my eyes in DIY, got a huge stash to work through before i get anywhere ready for something new & you post this wee beauty. I've got a major love-in with Brit soft top stuff, i dunno why, i'm just weird. Those pics have made me do a sex wee. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Lovely detail.

You utter wankspangle. I'm up to my eyes in DIY, got a huge stash to work through before i get anywhere ready for something new & you post this wee beauty. I've got a major love-in with Brit soft top stuff, i dunno why, i'm just weird. Those pics have made me do a sex wee. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Lovely detail.
Wespe, a Rumanian brand, do some good softskins in 1/48.

Latest Threads