Military Modelling

load_fin

War Hero
Ran across this stunning 1/700 diorama on the web - The sinking of the IJNS Yamashiro...

Awesome work - Loads more pics here: Yamashiro

Edited to add check out the same guys "Sinking of the IJN Hiryu at Midway"
Reminds me of this Korean guy's work

(Was shown on this thread about a year ago)

Edit: Just realised it's the same guy. The volume, breadth and detail is amazing.

Last edited:

load_fin

War Hero
Reminds me of this Korean guy's work

(Was shown on this thread about a year ago)
Sinking of IJN Musashi in a similar vein

load_fin

War Hero
Sinking of IJN Musashi in a similar vein

He also does figures...

Is it the same mold?
I've often looked at ICM and wanted to give them a go.
Any good?
Similar experience to WoR. I've never tried one of ICM's vehicles, but their 1/35 WWI figures, apart from some old moulds taken over from other manufacturers, are anatomically good, crisply detailed and come with lots additional parts/accessories.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I do some modelmaking but due to my wife and step son being a bit OCD I have too many in my stash which are for sale. As they are from Russia the models are Zvezda.
MI28NE attack helicopter
Black Ghost helicopter
SU27 fighter
Hind helicopter

Secondly if anyone would like an order of Zvezda any of the catalogue is available as my step son lives in Russia and there is a huge model shop not far away, so place an order for a kit you cannot normally find.

The man who does the stop-motion vids of kit assembly just came out with a real cracker. The 1/24th scale Hellcat from Airfix.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Good stuff there, mate. I've done the same one (Tamiya 1:35 PzkwIVAusfD) for one of my dioramas. Nice kit to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. I'm currently working on a 70s Panther A series. I bought one of them photoetch zimmerit kits for it.
I wish that I hadn't bothered to be honest bud.
I would have achieved a lot more of a realistic effect, if I had used modelling putty or something, with a zimmerit tool.
I'll post some pics up, once I've primed it.

Thank you sir. I'm currently working on a 70s Panther A series. I bought one of them photoetch zimmerit kits for it.
I wish that I hadn't bothered to be honest bud.
I would have achieved a lot more of a realistic effect, if I had used modelling putty or something, with a zimmerit tool.
I'll post some pics up, once I've primed it.
If you want it removed @Halftrack and I are experts at removing Zimmerit.

@Halftrack and I went to the Weald Foundation about 6 months ago as Volunteers. We removed the Zimmerit off the engine decks of one of their Stugs.
So we’re now experts(???) at removing Zimmerit at 1 to 1 scale. Very cheap.

daz

LE
@Halftrack and I went to the Weald Foundation about 6 months ago as Volunteers. We removed the Zimmerit off the engine decks of one of their Stugs.
So we’re now experts(???) at removing Zimmerit at 1 to 1 scale. Very cheap.
Experts in eating sticky buns and quaffing brews more like :)

Latest Threads