Military Modelling

The inside is not finished yet. I have a load of gear to add. As well as some figures.
20191203_144725.jpg

Hi gents,
It's been a while since I last checked into this brilliant thread, and without being boastful, I have to say that my modelling skills have really come along. Even my artistically minded partner has commented that I have a natural talent.
Since my last post I have gone on to complete a few more models. And I feel that now is the time to upgrade the cheap - and to be honest rubbish Chinese airbrush for a decent one that will give me nice clean crisp lines when I paint a multi-tone coloured vehicle.
I attempted to paint a tri-tone camo pattern on a late war german half-track but the result was so crap using the cheap arrse airbrush that I lost heart, and abandoned the project half way through it. How a few weeks later, I went back to it and painted a half decent winter white wash over it.
This model is now 90% completed.
Anyway recommendations please gents.
PS: @ugly I still can't upload pics to this thread arragghhhh!
how much do you want to spend?

or are you happy to just gulp......

Happy to spend a ton on a decent brush mate. Although I now need to consider Daz's advice about a decent compressor too.
Try www.air-craft.net for your kit - they are who I use.

I've got an Iwata Revolution HP-CR and and Harder & Steenbeck Evolution. I preferred the H&S brush for ages but am now back on the Iwata.

If you get the Iwata, I'd recommend you also pick up:

IWA-K250
IWS-7173
IWS-7042
IWS-7012

The brush is IW-RV-CR

Very least you will get away with is:

IW-RV-CR
IWA-K250

Edited to add Amazon looks cheaper!!

Try www.air-craft.net for your kit - they are who I use.

I've got an Iwata Revolution HP-CR and and Harder & Steenbeck Evolution. I preferred the H&S brush for ages but am now back on the Iwata.

If you get the Iwata, I'd recommend you also pick up:

IWA-K250
IWS-7173
IWS-7042
IWS-7012

The brush is IW-RV-CR

Very least you will get away with is:

IW-RV-CR
IWA-K250

Edited to add Amazon looks cheaper!!
I've still got 4 of the 6 brush set I bought from Hobbies in Old Town Swindon in 1968.
No compressor though.

daz

LE
You don't need anything too expensive for a compressor. I have an AS-186 which I bought from ebay, they're now going for less than £40.

AS186S BD203 Airbrush With Compressor - Double Action Air Brush Spray Kit Paint | eBay

I use a mix of the cheapo Chinese brushes that come with it (for primer mostly) and an Iwata Revolution CR brush.

Oddly, the image that comes up on the ebay link at first is not a As-186, the AS-186 looks like this
s-l1600.jpg

Not this, which is the first image
s-l1600 (1).jpg

The As-186 is what I've got, as recommended by various arrsers a few years ago

daz

LE
It’s fate I tell you

View attachment 352871

It’s calling me......

Just had two go over the house flying nice and low. Grabbed this shot with th bi-phone so it’s not too good unfortunately
Uhmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm sure this photo can back very recently :)

Another part of Father's stash, free to who ever wants.
Matchbox 1:76, Char B1 bi's and Renault FT17. Both have been started, the idlers from the Char B are missing. It even comes with a diorama base.
IMG_20191203_212319.jpg
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG
IMG_0809.JPG

Another part of Father's stash, free to who ever wants.
Matchbox 1:76, Char B1 bi's and Renault FT17. Both have been started, the idlers from the Char B are missing. It even comes with a diorama base.View attachment 434741View attachment 434742View attachment 434743View attachment 434744
That looks familiar, There's a Revell re-boxing of this 03278 which ought to be good for bits and bobs.
I'll take it off your hands but he's more likely to get around to actually finishing it than me. :)

Last edited:
Got bored

0E030F3C-D61D-4F25-97EA-FB06ADA84E68.jpeg

Latest Threads