Military Letter

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by redwhiteandblue, Oct 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi looking for some help writing a letter, I am putting in a transfer tommorow (11th Oct) and have been told I need to write a letter to MCM attached to my forms, giving reasons for wanting to transfer etc. Can anyone help me out with a template or point me in the right direction as to where get a template. Thanks in advance

2. You can either do it as a loose minute with or without letterheads.

For templates seek out JSP 101 Service Defence Writing. You could also speak with your Troop SSgt or SSM who should have something you can modify.

3. The online course/handbook of Defence Writing is available on the internet here. There are templates and examples in the course.

You can download the writing guide (in PDF format) from here.

4. Forgot to add - I wouldn't recommend that you do it as a Loose Minute (assuming it is going to Glasgow either direct or via your chain of command), use the letter format instead.

5. Disco is right and so is Doomsayer, look at JSP 101 for the correct template, (Demi Official, or Official), a Loose Minute is used for internal use not external.

6. LJS,

Suggest you look at the links to the new (only been out 2 years) JSP 101. Demi Official and Official letters are dead and loose minutes can be used externally to your organisiation!!

7. Hobgoblin, many thanks for your post.

8. Why do you need to write a letter? you give reasons for transfer on your AF B 241, you only get 5 lines but it means you don't waffle and you've actually put some thought into your application :D