Military law under redundancy

Discussion in 'Military Discipline' started by enoughsenough, Feb 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How long after being made redundant will i be under military law? thanks in advance
  2. 6 months after you are discharged, as detailed in S55 Armed Forces Act 2006. However, if you have any doubts/queries I'd phone the Army Legal Service ASAP.
  3. Just to add - the 6 months is a time limit within which you can be charged with an offence. Once you have handed in your ID card, you are not subject to service law.
  4. I think you can be called back to service if them in charge want to charge you with something serious though.
  5. So i take it if you commited the offence while still serving they have 6 months to charge you and after the day of discharge you no longer come under military law..( just wanting to shite in the CO;s draw the day i leave), If found guilty of an offence can they claim back pension benifits/ stop pension ect?
  6. The claiming stuff back is out of my depth. Being a monkey, I only look at stuff up until a charge is referred to either the CO or DSP.

Anything outside the 6 months requires the authorisation of the Attorney General. I think.
  7. "Official secrets act" works at any time-in or out.

Keep schtum. what goes on in the service-stays in the service, if its juicy.
  8. The day you walk out the gate and hand in your MoD 90 is not your last day of service, as you are still 'in' untill the end of your terminal leave.

I think the pension is pretty much sacrosanct (ie the ***** can't touch it) since those officer types were done for CEA Fraud and sucessfully fought to keep their pensions.
  9. The CO can bring a charge, for an offence commtted whilst in Service, up to 6 months after your discharge date. However, if it is a particularly serious offence then the Attorny General can allow a prosecution years later. The attorny General can also allow a later prosecution if the facts of the offence only come to light much later. If the offence you allegedly committed was an offence in UK civil law then the facts can be passed to the civvie police for them to prosecute but that is pretty unusual. Once you have left Service you cannot be dealt with by the CO but only at Court Martial.

The Court Martial can remove a pension but do so only in very serious cases like treason or mutiny
  10. You wouldnt lose a pension like that, in fact just about anything short of treason would mean you keep your pension.
  11. Just wait a few weeks and post a pooh-in-a-box to him.
  12. For ever ?

I signed the OSA when I was attested at my OTC back in the late 70's. Am I still bound by it?
  13. No, not a wah. I was serious in that I only served 3 years and never went any further. I sincerely doubt that any juicy secrets cold be recalled after all this time, apart from the fact that the training Maj was a gayer.

Must apply to a hell of a lot of ex OTC/TA then.
  14. Being gay?